Yahoo mail?

Wylie

Enlightened
Hello,
I have been trying to get into my Yahoo email account and have not been able to sign in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I just loaded up Window washer last night and was wondering if this program could cause some problems?
Anybody else having the same problem?
Would any of you have any idea what may be going on?

Thanks,
Wylie

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Check your settings for Window Washer. I checked both of my Yahoo email accounts without problem within the hour prior to writing this.

Wylie

Enlightened
Thanks guys,
I'll look into the setting for the Window Washer program and see if anything there may make the difference.
I'll come back and post here again if I still have problems.

Keep it real, bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wylie

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Window Washer change your proxy settings in Internet Options or change your cookie or security settings?

Mike

Wylie

Enlightened
From what I understand (not much at all about computers!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)the Window Washer program takes care of deleteing temparary internet files that slow down computers. Anybody that might have a hard time remembering login informations would want to write everything down because it scrubs that information as well.
The first wash got rid of 108mb of temp files and may have deleted the cookies from my Yahoo account./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
As far as the security and the other things you have mentioned, I'm not all that sure.
I am still having problems getting into my Yahoo email account and don't know exactly what I have to do but I am working on figuring it out.
The message below I have copied and pasted from the page that comes up when I try and login.
Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Ooops! It was all me! I was trying to sign into my account using the wrong sign in settings. I just had to hit the little button under the sign in area to change from secure to to standard settings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Thanks for the effort guys, I am feeling pretty stupid right now.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wylie,

Actually, that's happened to everyone at one time or another and we kick ourselves for days. At least you got it figured out, that's the important thing.

Mike

Avix

Newly Enlightened
a lot of people of late have been having problems with Yahoo deleting accounts, they killed one of mine I use for takeing care of shooting club business. some e-mail is also takeing days to show up.

Wylie

Enlightened
You know I have noticed the same thing with emails taking a long time to get to me in some cases, registration to web sites, emails I send to myself from my web site for testing purposes..... This has been of great concern when the emails are coming from my web site and I am going to have to make some changes either with security issues or something I have not learned as of yet.