• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: My PRECIOUS... Lots of pics/sale pending

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is my Silver MR-X, My Precious, with the Perfect Mag Reflector - Orange Peel (PMR/OP), and UCL.

my_precious.jpg

The MR-X is, of course, a X binned (X3T) 5 watt Luxeon light, with a Magic Resistor (MR) circuit, that changes
it's resistance to maintain solid current output until the 6 series AA cells can't maintain that current. It
then goes into direct drive, and continues to drain the cells until the battery voltage drops below the forward
voltage of the Luxeon.
The MR-X sports a direct drive indicator to inform you when it has fallen from regulation.
[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
...the Direct Drive Indicator (DDI) LED will be siliconed from the outside so the whole light is still waterproof,
just like as if it had come from the "factory" except 1000 times brighter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
ITS OFFICIAL!!!

Just completed 3 MR-X...and did the obligatory Lux test. And the result:

10,013 Lux at 1 meter running at 1.5A!!!

The 10000 Lux barrier has been broken using a single 5W Luxeon LED!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is as new, with no more that 10 sets of cells run through it, the majority for runtime tests, and switched
between my hands to help keep it cool.
This one is set at 1.5 amps to the LED, like it came stock from Hotbeam & Burnt_Retinas, the designers/modders.
You can adjust the current to the LED as high as 3 amps, and as low as 0 ma.
Instructions for changing the current to the Luxeon are in the original thread

Efficiency?
[ QUOTE ]
Burnt_Retinas said:
Worst case with alkalines X 6 or NiMh's X 6 (as it is intended to be configured) at 1 to 1.5A drive curent to
the LED turns out to be greater than 90% at switch on...
This efficiency keeps on increasing from the moment of switch on until it hits direct drive mode where the
efficiency will be above 99.5%.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Burnt_Retinas said:
The only thing limiting the MR achieving such current [2 amps] would be the battery voltage overhead under
load. Fortunately that's where the MR shines - you'll only need about 30mV overhead under load, but of course
a couple of hundred mV would be nicer as it'll drop as the batteries drain. At about 30mV overhead, the
circuit will direct drive, but with an efficiency of over 99% - better than a fixed resistor for sure. A
resistor will also be dropping current proportional to voltage, the MR will regulate until the 30mV overhead
is hit then behave like a short circuit - well 18 milliohms. Your battery contacts may well be more than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MR-X Hotlips is mated to the 2 D cell Mag via thermally conductive tape, so it can be removed, adjusted
and reinstalled readily.
[ QUOTE ]
Burnt_Retinas said:
Thermal solution Hotlips to Mag.
Each TK and MR Hotlips product will be shipped with a length of highly thermally conductive silicone
impregnated material, specifically designed to conduct heat. This is the real stuff! It'll provide the required
thermal conductivity between the Hotlips and Mag body. It is intended to wrap around the Hotlips (single turn)
then the assembly slid into the Mag body.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Burnt_Retinas said:
With the hotlips and the thermal 'tape' - for a better word, you would get away with 2A continuoulsly anyway.
I did during testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MR-X is versatile, because it can take all AA cells, and three 123 lithium cells as well.
NiMH (recommended) & NiCD, Alkaline, Lithium & Carbon Zinc.
It is reported that Alkalines will run 6-7 min. before dropping from regulation, but this could be extended
by lowering the MR's current, if you planned on using them all the time (who would?).

The original thread is here.
It contains everything you want to know about the MR-X. And I do mean everything.
With 2300 mAh Lenmars, I was able to get 1 hr. 15 min. runs until it fell out of regulation. But when the
MR-X falls out of regulation, the light keeps going.

No going off, like a current regulated / voltage boosted light.
No noticeable immediate dimming / moon mode like a voltage regulated / voltage boosted light.

It becomes direct drive after regulation (with NO resistor), and continues to put out until the voltage from
it's 6 cells falls below the forward voltage of it's X5T Luxeon V. The resistance of the circuit during direct
drive under 20 milliOhms, about like a piece of wire.
[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
...this is a very efficient circuit in DD mode that can prevent current surges, regulate current and
efficiently direct drive. There is very little resistance in the circuit. For all intended purposes, it is like
a piece of wire in DD mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

MR_X_1.jpg

Below are some comparison beamshots between itself, Lambda's MegaClops SE & MagCharger w/ WA 01160 bulb.

I included so many because it was difficult to get one to come out quite right, as I was seeing it myself.
The MegaClops beam has a tighter spot, the difference being that it has a side emitter, rather than the MR-X's
high dome. The focus of the lights remained the same for all photos. Distance to wall is ~4.5 feet (1.37 m).
As you can tell, the color of the MR-X is exemplary. White White and more WHITE!
MegaClops_MR_X_MagCharger.jpg

MegaClops_MR_X_MagCharger_2.jpg

MegaClops_MR_X.jpg

It's brilliance compares favorably in these beamshots with the MagCharger 01160, don't you think?

Shown below is a runtime set, vs. MM+R2H, and later, an Opalec. The MR-X is on the left. The hours and minutes
are on the photo. I stopped the test at around 5 hours, it was about as bright as a SwissLight III.
MR_X_runtime.jpg

Price is $250 shipped 1st class U.S. Mail, to U.S. destinations. Priority mail or international will be actual
cost.
Payment by paypal from a bank account (no credit cards), or a U.S. Postal Service money order.
Please, email me if interested.

rookie

Enlightened
Re: For Sale: My PRECIOUS... Lots of pics

Wow, I'll bet this will go fast.

Oh well, just not enough money at the moment.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow! 4 minutes?
O.K. Sold pending payment.
It seems I've got some serious problems with my post. It it realllly wide to you too?

rookie

Enlightened

The post is wide because of the URLs you listed. I think there was a way to shrink them if you create a shortcut for the URLs.

The pics aren't coming up. I really wanted to take this, but just don't have the funds at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Shankus, yes it is the URLs. If you need help shortening them up, I'm sure there are lots of folks who can help. Just click the edit button and it should allow you to use the URL function.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh well, I'm still trying to work the wide problem.
And trying to get in touch with rookie, I can wait until payday or something...

rookie

Enlightened

Still available at the moment....

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

O.K. CPF went down in the middle of this. I PMed and emailed you rookie, and I've not heard back from you yet.
There is one other in line if you don't want it.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it if it's available.

I will sell my X200a if I have to.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is one other in line before you. I'm waiting to hear from rookie. The post is kind of ambiguous, I'm not sure what it means. I want to be fair.
Thank you all for your patience (I hope).

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, if it should come to my turn, I want it. I have $250 in my PayPal ready and rearing to go.

rookie

Enlightened

Shankus & Beretta1526,

Sorry for the delay. I officially pass.

Martin, it's all yours.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sold to J_Oei, pending funds (Who PMed me after rookie.)
Should that fall through, it's
Beretta1526 and kongfuchicken.
Thanks all for your patience.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats to J_Oei, Be sure to let Hotbeam know where he is so the MrX map may be updated.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a pity you had to let it go Shankus! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Would the final buyer please contact me so I can update the MR-X Brethren map. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, a pity. I'm afraid of possible layoffs in June.

I don't know where he lives yet. It's not in the profile.

J_Oei

Enlightened

Paypal sent!

Thanks a lot guys.

Okay, I didn't realize that these things were being traced.
(Next time, we will have to add the GPS modules, or at least LoJack!)

This light is headed to Florida! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Again, sold. Payment has been received.
Sorry, to those that wanted this uncommon light and missed it...