Pelican Mitylite 2AALED ... sigh ....

arioch

Enlightened
I got the Pelican Mitylite 2AALED a few weeks ago ... and was very disappointed. Some points on the light:

1.)The beam is very weak for a 1W LS. It just about compares with my MiniMag with Inretech white. My Streamlight 4AA 7led light puts out significantly more light, and believe it or not, I find that even my Inova X1 puts out more light.

2.)The hotspot, which Pelican is well known for, is TERRIBLE. There is a small, pinpoint hotspot, surrounded unevenly by a ring of spill light.

3.)The color of the light is white ... ish ... sort of. Back to the luxeon lottery, I guess. With the whiteness of the M6 LED's (I have bought 5; one for me, and 4 more for friends who wanted one after seeing mine, and all of them were PDW), I sort of thought that Pelican had a corner on the super white Luxeon market.

4.)The body design is identical to the Xenon Mitylite with tailcap switch, or the M7 Xenon rechargeable (momentary, on, off).

This poor example of a 1W LS light is surprising, considering how well the Pelican M6 LED is made (body design, brightness, whiteness, and hotspot of beam, etc).

At a cost of $25.00, with the UK 4AAeLED already out at $20.00, and the Streamlight Jr LED coming out soon, I guess I was just expecting more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, the Mitylite 2AA LED isn't a 1watt luxeon, it's a 3mm LED.. it has less overall output than single AAA lights like the Dorcy, Arc and Sonic.

unless i'm thinking of a different Mitylite 2AA LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif