Favorite 2x123 P60 Surefire

Jim_F

Newly Enlightened
Surefire has quite a variety of 2x123 P60/61 flashlights. Which is your favorite and why?

simbad

Enlightened
Welcome Jim to the forums
Surefire P6 and G2 basically are the same, only changes the body, P6 is Alluminium HA and G2 is made in Nitrolon, very hard plastic non conductive in different colours.Of course G2 is half of the price than P6.With both of them you can choose the lamp configuration, if i'am not wrong.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Well your post limits us to the:

6p
G2
G2z
Z2
M2
C2

(I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif someone please correct me if necessary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif )

I've seen the Z2, M2, 6P and the G2z. Of these, I own the G2z. Not surprisingly, my pick is the G2z /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will find the thread(s) in which I, and others talked about our choices and reasoning (I could answer again but I think that thread was very comprehensive and worth reading). From memory I think it might give you a good review of information on at least some of the above Surefire 2x123 P60/61 flashlights.

If you haven't found it yet, I recommend using the search function on cpf, it will give you a lot of information in addition to the replies you receive in this thread.

Is this question just for general interest, or are you trying to figure out which one to get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif? Do you have a particular purpose in mind, or is it just for general use?

Size15's

Flashaholic
If I'm using a standard body SureFire (two SF123A model) then I'm using the P61 High Output Lamp Assembly.

I really like the G2Z and M2 - Most applications the G2Z is the best unless you need the clip of the M2 (IMHO).

Al

stockae92

Enlightened
I gave thoughts to the same question and end up with a G2Z and I really like it. and I like the fact that it's light(er), scratch-resistance and has a lock out tail cap.

the next one on my list is the C2 HA because it's just like a G2Z with a clip and HA finish. i won't mind having a M2 but it's more expensive.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
The 6Z w/early z26 "vestigual pocket clip" had one since circa '93 when they came out? And its been dropped, kicked and laundered (all accidentally and more than once) w/out any problems. Its scratched/chipped up and the anodizing is no longer all there and its been through three P60's but its still an all time favorite.

paulr

Flashaholic
I feel like there's not much point these days to anything but the M2, because of the shock mount. The 6P was great in its day, but there's other stuff out there now that makes more sense.

Skyline

Enlightened
I've got the 6P, G2, G2Z, and M2. Of these, my favorite (by far) is the G2Z. Why? It's lightweight, and yet it has all the features of the M2 -- toughness, combat grip, pyrex lens, lockout tailcap. What's not to love? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I prefer the C2-HA. I have all the rest, but have more C2-HA's.

The aluminum bodied lights handle the heat of the P61 better than the plastic bodied G2 or G2Z.

The Pyrex lens is better and standard in the C2, G2Z and newest Z2. Z2 isn't available in the HA finish.

The C2-HA is very versatile. I have three with different colored (white, red and green) KL3's. It also accepts the KL5. I have two C2-HA's with the M2 shock isolated bezel (part # 13586-1) and two (one black and one HA) with the standard bezel (Z44). I put the second o-ring (part # 19-01-077) on the tail of all my C2's, just like the M2. I prefer the short pocket clip, on my C2's, which allows the use of the standard tail cap lanyard ring. The shorter pocket clip also makes the C2 easier to hold, in IMHO.
oldgrandpajack

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2 or C2 reamed out with Pila 3.7V lamp assembly and 2000mAH Li-Ion (I'm sounding like a broken record)

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
My turn to vote. C2 for its sharp looks, Pyrex lens, handy clip, and convenient grip ring.

daloosh

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the G2Z and the C2, like jack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif G2Z for most uses, C2 if i need the clip. the C2/M2 looks the sharpest out of all the 2 cell surefires IMHO. i EDCed one for a long time before it got replaced by an A2.