ARC in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filament

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to relate an experience with my ARC 4+ second in action.

I am currently traveling to one of our customer sites to inspect a gas turbine engine along with about 15 other engineers. This is a detailed type of inspection where the engine has been through a grueling test, and is now broken down into all its individual pieces, down to the screw and o-ring level of detail. Our job is to inspect each and every piece for unusual damage or pretty much anything out of the ordinary.

Needless to say there are some fairly complex parts with lots of holes/crevices/passages/etc. I brought along my 4+ to help illuminate these. It has worked out GREAT due to the ability to change power levels, the long run-time of the battery, and the lack of heat generated during use. The multi-levels of power has probably been the most useful; too bright and the glare would hide any potential flaws, too dim and you couldn't see down in bolt holes.

The light has been an unqualified hit with the other engineers. Its always "Let me borrow your light", "Can I see your light again", "What else will it do" !!! And finally (listen up Peter) "Where can I get one????"

Hopefully several of my colleagues will become flashaholics; its easy, I'm a perfect example.

Well, got another few days of work left. Good thing I have extra batteries (always). Thanks again to Peter, Merri, and all the ARC employees who made such an ingenious light.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to start a similar thread, but thought people might be bored....

Anyway: Last saturday I was shooting my bow in the woods and missed a target at hit a pile of firewood instead. I new the arrow is somewhere in it, but not were. With the Arc4 I could find it (level 3), it would not have been possible with a weaker liht and a larger one I would not have carried with me.

Empedocles

Newly Enlightened
BullPar,

You get what you pay for, I guess!

I'll send you my old minim@g. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in my attic on all fours, knee pads and all running some coax cable when one of my new 14.4v batteries died on the DeWalt lantern! My Arc4+ was in my belt pouch, out it came to shed a light!

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
So, there my daughter and I were in the den... when all of a sudden... The power goes out.

"Cool!" I think "Time to play with the flashlights."

My hand immediately reached into my pocket, pulled out my EDC Arc-AA (wife has my AAA-premium). "Let there be light."

Next we found my daughter's flashlight (she's 5 and hasn't cottoned onto the 'it needs to have a place' yet). But we actually did find it, AND the battery wasn't dead.

Still by ARC light we went to the garage and grabbed some AA cells to feed the ebay'ed cheapy headlamps.

The headlamps kept us going until I'd lugged a 12v deep cycle battery and inverter in from the garage, powered up the aquarium filter and a couple compact flouresant lights.

Life was good. And it all started with an Arc EDC.

Yea ARC!

Plec

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sean said:
[ QUOTE ]
wptski said:
My Arc4+ was in my belt pouch, out it came to shed a light!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say "shed a light"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You must be reading from right to left! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd rather have been in your shed than my attic, at least I could stand up straight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts