Question About TT Still Unanswered

jbrett14

Enlightened
I have asked these questions several times now in different threads with no response. I am surprised, because it appears that there are many "experts" around here. Is there a simple method of replacing the bulb in the SL TT 2L? Is there a way to store a bulb on this light?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way to store a lamp in the body, the lamp replacement instructions are fairly complex in comparison to others, no one I know has found an easier way.

I have 2 TTL2's and a 3C TTL and haven't had a failure yet so haven't bothered with it. I suspect that everyone else is the same and that is why you haven't had much response.

Bill

jbrett14

Enlightened
Thanks for posting. I have read so many posts on so many threads and have found many people talking about being "prepared". I would think that this preparation would involve removing and reinserting the bulb in a new light just to get the feel of it. The little "L" shaped tool that comes with new bulbs is completely worthless. It does not even fit under the base of the bulb.

Harrkev

Enlightened
One key is to be sure not to touch the bulb. If you do, wipe it down with a little alcohol.

Even if the bulb blows, at least you still have light from the LEDs.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
jbrett, I didn't have any trouble getting the bulb out with the little "L" thingy. I removed it to try some higher wattage bulbs (no go).

If you have trouble with the "L" thing, try some needlenose pliars with tissue as a cushion.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Oh I have no problem getting the bulb out (with tools). It is the means by which I have to do it that troubles me. One should not have to use pliers to remove a little light bulb from a flashlight. The "L" tool is far too large in diameter to slip underneath the base of this bulb. This should be an extremely simple task, not a chore. Don't get me wrong, I still love this light. It simply needs an improvement.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know this is WAY off topic, but give me a TT2L with a luxeon in the center and i would be one happy camper!

Bob