Anybody wear a Titanium wedding band?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I was curious if any CPFers wear Titanium wedding bands. I am guessing that some do... am I right?

I've worn one for a few years now and I'm very, very happy with it. I do have a regular old white gold wedding band, but it just sits in the safe and I always wear my Ti.

I barely know I am wearing the Ti ring it's so dang light. It has a really nice appearance, not too shiny, and I never have to worry about scratching it!

And personally I like the anti-"bling bling" factor, it's a utilitarian, heart-felt expression /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I bought mine from...
http://www.boonerings.com/
Great guy to deal with.

http://www.boonerings.com/htmpages/accentwithsatinband.htm
That's mine... but I got it for $95 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif cause he honored an old cupon I found floating around the net on a mountian bike forum.

And in the spirit of the Arc/Peak fiasco... NO! I'm not Mr. Boone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Merry Gransee does... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Peter designed it himself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Zman

Enlightened
I wear one that my wife and I designed. It has a gold inlay/stripe in the center. I bought it from a company online as well.
www.ringsforever.com
My experience was very pleasant as well...
In fact, now that Im looking at the site, it looks like he took a photo and posted my exact ring!
here!
My ring is style I-N2GD

matt_j

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Wow, those are some really cool rings! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they make me wanna get married. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Matt

lightnix

Enlightened
I bought myself a Citizen quartz watch with a Ti body and strap a couple of months ago. Looks and feels great, so light on the wrist.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lightnix said:
I bought myself a Citizen quartz watch with a Ti body and strap a couple of months ago. Looks and feels great, so light on the wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I have a Ti Luminox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I switched from a gigantic Swiss Army watch, and now I think I'd find it hard to go back to any stainless watch.

Nice looking ring Zman. I thought about white gold or platinum inlays but eventually decided on grooved design instead.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
me too!!!!... it scratches up easily but have read that it is easy to buff out.
Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had any problems with scratchs, yeah there are some very light surface scuffs, but nothing major or too noticable.

My wifes band is platinum and it continually gets major scratches and gouges in it... which sucks! To buff them out they have to take of a good amount of material... so she's just stuck with them.

If I had THAT to do over again she would have gotten white gold for sure!

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
I wear one too. The only bling-blings are three tiny diamonds in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif It's been really tough so far.

Be aware that it supposedly can have a reaction with Chlorine, just in case you're ever around it. (So far so good.)

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Starshiptrupr said:
\Be aware that it supposedly can have a reaction with Chlorine, just in case you're ever around it. (So far so good.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never noticed that and I've been in a few hot-tubs while wearing it. Maybe I was lucky? Maybe it has something to do with the content of the Ti )the mix)?

tygger

Enlightened
Since we're on the topic of Titanium, how exactly is it made? Is it in fact the most durable (to weight ratio) metal we have? I was reading about the nuclear dump site in Nevada and supposedly they're using an experimental alloy thats even more durable/long lasting than titanium. Anyone know what this is? I wish i remembered what it was called. Aside from wedding rings titanium makes a hell of a camping cook set. Man, those pots are so light.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Titanium is an element... it's not 'made' per se. It's like iron being an element, or gold, or silver. It is found as an ore and refined from there. There are different Ti alloys around though.

turbodog

Flashaholic
It was posted already (as a link though). Check titaniumcommittment.com

They seem to have more than anyone else. They also agreed to modify an existing design for me because I wanted a ring a little wider than normal.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Datasaurusrex said:
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
me too!!!!... it scratches up easily but have read that it is easy to buff out.
Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had any problems with scratchs, yeah there are some very light surface scuffs, but nothing major or too noticable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant to say "scuff", it isnt really scratched...just dulled.

nothing a little polishing wont help!

Bob