New Brinkmann "Rebel" Led Light

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw a new one at Wallymart last night - Brinkmann "Rebel" 1 LED 2-AA light.

It looks much more like a conventional flashlight than the "Long Life" - thin body for the 2AA loaded end to end, topped with a standard looking bezel. The bezel has a lens just like the Long Life. The whole light is a little larger than the 2-AA Energizer "Super Bright".

Silver body, black rubber-looking grip with cutouts giving it a neat look. Tailcap switch. Comes with a clip on lanyard and a triangular ring attached to the body of the light just below the top of the head to attach the lanyard.

Has 3 lens covers in the blister pack -red, blue, and amber in rubber/plastic "boots" that slide over the front of the bezel.

$15.00 - No, I didn't pick one up this week - spent too much money on digital cameras and such recently
frown.gif

Hmmmm... I think i'll bring my Digicam right to Walmart with me today and take a pic right there! - I'll try to have a pic posted today or tomorrow.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Nice looking flashlight.

Since we don't have a Wall-Mart anywhere I can get to, can somebody please send me one of these for my website and I'll send you reimbursement around the 2nd of Nov. when I get paid?

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
a fair bargain at that considering that 2 CR123s (Craig, $13.00 for one, whew!) in my area are ~$12.00 + tax.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, they're $14.29 once tax is added.
shocked.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif
issed:
shocked.gif

It's sad to see how many types of entire flashlights, including batteries can be bought for the cost of a single CR123 battery here.
blush.gif

I've seen them in the real tourist trap parts of town for almost $22 apiece.
Gouge the poor fu**er that needs that battery for his camera, I guess that's the game.
frown.gif

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
I bought one Monday night at the WalMart in Tomah, WI. It is a nice little light, and the filters fit on my 8NX, although I would not want to leave them there for long.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

See my first impression of the Legend LX in the General Flashlight and Headlamp Discussion Section.

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
As promised, here's a pic -
Got some funny looks taking pictures in Walmart, but who cares!
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for posting that. I'll have to
check for that at our WalMarts in the area.

Looks to me like a good 2 LED conversion
would do that thing justice too, but i like
the style typical of Brinkmann, and its much
more compact then that 'bulkie' Long Life
Led Flashlight. Thats the only thing i dont
like about the original Brinkmann.
It's also nice to know more LED flashlights
are comming out too.

Thanks again,
--Al

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
its really a great lite.very brite.it must use a step up circuit.the magnified reflector is awesome.its worth the 15$<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does it compare to the other Brinkmann?
You know, the one that looks like a baby pop can?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
i know i know but you must have at least one of each right?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I only have the original Brinkmann Long Life - the baby pop can one. I don't have a Rebel, which is why I asked about it.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The REBEL Brinkman appears to have the same
lens and LED driver circuit as the "old"
Brinkman (2-AA side-by-side) light . The light output appears the same brightness
and 'pattern' as the origional light .

The REBEL adresses user issues as in
1 . Rubber Grip
2 . Smaller size
3 . wont roll off flat surface
4 . ACCESSORIES

brightnorm

Flashaholic
LX LEGEND FRUSTRATION!! I live in America's biggest city (guess) and THERE AIN'T NO WALMARTS!! I'm dying to get that darn light. HELP!

Brightnorm

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
LX LEGEND FRUSTRATION!! I live in America's biggest city (guess) and THERE AIN'T NO WALMARTS!! I'm dying to get that darn light. HELP!

Brightnorm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel bad... there aren't any here either, at least not anywhere near the Seattle city limits. There's one way out in the boonies somewhere... but no place I can get to.

Newly Enlightened
I first bought a Rebel - dropped it and the damn end cap busted bigtime (made of plastic).

Save yuor money and buy the Legend, worth the difference... and a bright SOB!

James

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 007:
I first bought a Rebel - dropped it and the damn end cap busted bigtime (made of plastic).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heeeeyyyyy... I'm the one that's supposed to be breaking those things.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
i'd trade our walmarts for one rei anytime, stingmon. so count your blessings
cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never actually been in our REI.
blush.gif

I'm not much an "outdoorsy type", or the sporting type either. But it's good to know it's nearby if I ever get the chance to load up on disaster supplies - you know, sleeping bag, small tent, Coleman stove, water purifiying materials, survival tools, and other so-called "camping gear" that could very possibly serve as disaster gear as well.
grin.gif