eBay Question

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
I've got an ebay courtesy question. I was the 2nd highest bidder on an item. I ended up talking to the seller and found out that he requires pay pal for payment, and the high bidder doesn't have it. He's tried to email the high bidder but she hasn't replied, so he's offering it to me.
What would be an approriate time after no reply? It's been about 6 days now.
It abit more complicated since I'm on the same forum as the other person. I made a thread about losing the item (cuz i forgot to raise my bid and sold for 1 dollar higher), and found out that that person is on that forum. Don't want to make an enemy there.

Hope you understand this long post, but thanks for any help.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Dan,

If the other person does not make arrangements for payment, the seller can offer it to the next in line. It is the sellers decision as to the amount of time before taking action.

The "other person" will have an opportunity to display their character as a result of this...

Tom

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three days seems to be the accepted norm

That is the buyer should contact the seller to arrange payment within three days of the auction ending.

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Thanks
He has offered it to me. Does $35US for shipping an md w/ packaging w/ tracking number from HK to Canada seem right?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Dan,

It about $40 to ship a light from the US to France using Express Mail Service, so that is in the ball park.

Tom