Cordless Home/Office Phone

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a Two-Line Home/Office cordless phone with answering machine and multiple headsets. What's the best out there? Comments?

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at Seimens Gigaset 8825, and also the Panasonic KX-TG2000B.

DBrier

Enlightened
I have heard many reports of 2.4 gigahertz phones messing with wireless networks. My good friend had to get rid of his 2.4 because of problems. Now he uses a cheap 900Mhz phone with no problems.
I have 5.8 GHz phones and don't have any problems with my network at all.

I steered clear of the Seimens phone after a friend had lots of problems and check out the number of Seimens refurbs on eBay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Just some advice.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, they're on the same frequency. Microwave ovens too. I would go with a 5.8GHz, but I haven't found any with 2 lines and multiple headsets.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a wireless network at my house, so I have a 5.8ghz cordless phone system. Two charging bases, one with an answering machine and keypad, and two handsets. I got mine from Costco. It's a Uniden. I am impressed with it.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, the phone I got isn't on their website. It's only a one line though....we have distinctive ring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been happy with uniden and unhappy with radio shack phones.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think I have the same phone Bikr. The one with the little wire meshie over the ear piece and drop in charger?

Fantastic phone. Replaced a 900Mhz digital. It's 5.8Ghz Spread Spectrum. Clear as day!

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to go with the Panasonics. Have two 2.4 DSS versions, but would go with the 5.8 versions when I replace them. If you want to spend a little more, I would go with the engenius. We have one at work. They work great but are a little heavy for their size.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
I have a wireless network at my house, so I have a 5.8ghz cordless phone system. Two charging bases, one with an answering machine and keypad, and two handsets. I got mine from Costco. It's a Uniden. I am impressed with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i may have the same or similar--got mine from Sam's Club.

im very impressed. the answerer prompts you throught the setup, and both handsets have caller ID. wasnt terribly expensive.

Bob