X0 taken apart. What now?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The IC appears to be able to push 1.5 amps. I can't tell from what I see in that picture where you'd hack it to increase the current.

A lux III should work with no modifications, but may or may not be at optimum current levels. It's easy enough to put one in just to test it.

Daniel.

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
Wish I had a good idea for you to thank you for all the good info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Only other thoughs: a cyan just to see how much further you could see. A warm white for no paticular reason. They appear to have already implemented a syncronous rectifier so effeciency is already likely good. I'm currently guessing 1.75 W in. Mine draws 300 mA on fresh cells. We don't know the Vf or actual current of the stock Luxeon. In theory would amount to 1.2 W of course. Yes, you could put a Lux III in. Might be a minor color shift from being under driven, but would likely still produce more light. How much? I don't know! I'm still looking at the circuit to see if I can figure out where the current is set. Most likely is R (next to C1) which is labeled R10 (should be 0.10 ohms) but I haven't figured out how.
You would think the modders here would come up with something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
Is the lack of respones an indication the X0 is perfect as is? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gwbaltzell said:
Is the lack of respones an indication the X0 is perfect as is? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You forget - We're at CPF.... The perfect light doesn't exist....

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
[ QUOTE ]
gwbaltzell said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You forget - We're at CPF.... The perfect light doesn't exist....

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been carrying my X0 for a few days and confirmed its not perfect. Next light will likely be "from scratch". But I can't think of any real mod for the X0. I was just trying to prod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif the people here to coming up with one for you.

BTW - the X0 has convinced me I was wrong about wanting to eliminate a hot spot.

Best,
George