Best EDC - price no object

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
This is a question for CPF veterans who EDC. With a budget of $300, if you could only have one LED that you had to EDC, which one would it be? Please don't ask my personal needs, I'm more interested in what you folks have boiled things down to. Tks.

paulr

Flashaholic
Make up your mind, is it price no object or is there a $300 limit? Jon spent quite a bit more than $300 for both his LL123 and his brass Arc AAA, as I remember.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
best is really subjective, and you always need at least 2 lights.
i carry four /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

if you could only choose one though, i'd definately say the arc4!

cy

Flashaholic
I'm not a cpf veteran, but my vote would be the ARC4X as EDC.

For the best small bright package you can EDC, a Mclux X3T would be my choice.

For the coolest light ever the PK-1 would have be it.

Edit: for a light you can actually buy for under $300, it would have to be Arc4+ and/or firefly w/two stage switch.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
I'm not a cpf veteran,

[/ QUOTE ]
Me neither but I would recommend the Arc4 as well.
Multiple brightness, solid build is good for many situations.
Oh, wouldn't EDC the 4x even if I had one, too precious

Reno

Enlightened
It's a bit bigger than the Arc 4, (and just destroys the Arc in output) but my direct drive PR-T modded E2e is a SWEET edc. dual brightness levels via gadgetlover's modified clickie, 6 or 70 lumens respectively. Roughly an hour and a half nearly flat output on full blast. On low, it will probably run for 13-15 hours.

She throws a ton, even by incan standards. 100+ yards, easily, and it's a BIG spot.

Did I mention she runs on Lion rechargeables, so I'm finished buying batteries for it right out of the box??
I top off/ rotate the batteries every week or so, keeps the batts like new.

300 dollars, is pushing it a bit, You might go over by like 50 bucks, but it's worth every red cent...

Frankly, I'm rethinking the U2 now. It just doesn't seem as cool anymore...

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either the ARC4 or the E2e/PRT makes for a solid EDC. Just flip a coin, you wont be dissappointed with either.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using a McLux PR DB1000 + E2e and a McLux PR-T DB611 + E1e. They are my favorite EDC's. I hope I can add a two stage switch soon.

simbad

Enlightened
Definitely the best EDC is the 4+, you have the best excuse to get one now with the Rev2 coming soon, the U2 looks nice but it is too big. L5 in the pocket? , not even in a sheath from the belt, these lights for me are to carry in a bag.
I think the only one 2x123 cell for pocket carry is the E2e.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC implies small enough size to pocket carry. With that criteria, Arc4+ for a primary and an Arc AAA as a backup. If you're big in stature, an E2e with a hot-rodded KL1 an an Arc AAA for backup.

marcspar

Enlightened
The thought of having only one light to choose from each morning when selecting which to carry makes me sad!

However...without knowing how you will use it, I think the ARC 4+ would make the most sense as its adjustability will allow it to conform to your needs - whether it is an 'all-nighter' at moderate power or more intermittently at the brighter levels.

Marc

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Yukon Jack,

I separate my lights into categories.

I have an ARC AAA on my key chain and it is usually always with me.

At work I carry an ARC LSH-P with 2 AA battery holder in a holster with my SuperLeatherman. I find this form more comfortable for me to use than the standard configuration.

From here we go to needing more light. The L4 or HyperLux V fit in here.

If still more light is needed, I grab my 8 cell DragonHID, TigerLight or X990.

Beyond that, I wait for daylight...

Tom

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only light I carry every day is my Arc AAA and price is no object.

Britt