Which Non-Recharge AA / AAA's should I buy??/

FlIrishman

Newly Enlightened
Which Non-Recharge AA / AAA\'s should I buy??/

Ya go to SAM's and there's all kinds of non-recharge batteries on sale. You look up some of the manufact's specs and Energizer has there data on-line, Duracell does not!! Which is the best bang (er, a non-exploding, non-recharageable) battery for the $$
AA's
Energizer E2 X91 3135 mah
Energizer Alkaline Consumer E91 2850 mah
Is this also the Energizer Max??]
Energizer Alkaline INdustrial En91 2850 mAh
Eveready A91 2707 mAh
Lithium Cylindrical L91 2900 mAh
Recharageable NimH NH15 2100 mAh

Duracell Coppertop ??
Duracell Ultra MX2400 ??
Duracell Ultra M3 ??
Duracell ProCell Industrial ??

What's the best one to buy for the $$, what is it's common name that you see in the store, at what price per battery and where??

George in Florida

Tweek

Enlightened
Re: Which Non-Recharge AA / AAA\'s should I buy??/

Duracell does have their specs online, just not in the consumer section. You have to follow the OEM links to find them...

If you really want the best bang for the buck in alkaline cells that you'll be using and not storing for long periods, go get you some of the cheapest off-brand cells you see, like the bricks of Fuji's at Sams, or Wal Mart, or the Rayovac "Alkaline Maximum" cells, etc. Those are where the value are. The only time I use Energizer / Duracell anymore is where I need cells that are less likely to leak over a long term (several months or more), and in sizes that are not lithium friendly.

Just my opinions!

Chris

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nortec cells at Menards, or the cheapest ones you can find. Don't spend over 25 cents per cell, the difference in output is negligible.

You listed NiMH rechargeables, and those are by far the best idea for anything you use frequently. Voltage is much more stable over a wide range of different current draws, etc. Alkalines start to slowly dim over time and are annoying in flashlights.

cheese

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to buy Energizer or Duracell on sale, but haven't for a year or two now. I buy by price. I buy them on sale and stockpile them (and rotate them). I have more of Walgreens brand than any other, usually paying between 19¢ and 25¢ each when on sale.

I recently purchased cells from Northern Tools called Northern Industrial that are made by Dorcy. They were 24 for $3.99, both AA and AAA. I've used over half of the AAs with good results and only 3-4 of the AAAs. I'm happy enough with them that I'm going back to get more.

I use NiMH in my 2AA / sandwich lights and anything else that I don't use frequently, I use the Walmart brand because of the guarantee. I don't know about the Northern/Dorcy cells, but if the cells ruin something of mine, I want recourse.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like Kitemeister said: buy 'em on sale and stock up because they should have a shelf life of 5 - 7 years. I've found Ray-O's to have good energy density and are often on sale. I never pay more than 15 - 25 cents ea.