Arc Body to Surefire Head Adaptor.

jtice

Flashaholic
I finally got around to making something that I thought would make my lights all that much more versitile.
I was looking for the shortest body that I could use with a PR-T head. Thread.
Gizmo, and Roth have also made one of these in the past.

This adaptor allows any Arc battery pack to fit any E series Surefire head, or Mclux head.
While the threading is exactly the same for Arc, Surefire, and Mclux, the Arc batt packs are made alittle different, the battery sits alot higher in the pack, and touches the anode way before the threads ingauge.
So, this little adaptor, basically gives the batt pack alittle more lenght up over the battery.

Heres the adaptor, adapting an Arc 123 twistie to a Surefire KL4 head.
You will notice a small gape between the head, and the adaptor, this is where an oring will go, I just dont have the correct size one right now. This is more like Gizmo's design, in that the oring presses up against the head, instaed of going all the way into the bottom of the head.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very slick, Ticey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

A true, pocket-carry 5w. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt

jtice

Flashaholic
Jason,

Yep:)
Works with any Arc tail.

I had the Arc 2AA clickie on the KL4 last night, that was a pretty nice combo, alittle long, but nice.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
So ... when ? .... how much ? ... HAIII ? ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
bernhard

K-T

*Moderator*
Ahh, what Bernhard said --> HA? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Are these small battery tailcaps still available? If so (and also HA), I am in for one of these, too. Excellent.

Klaus.

jtice

Flashaholic
Wow, I didnt realize this would be such a hot item.
i really wish I had the $$$ to make a run of these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

IF, I end up making some more to sell, I very seriously doubt they will me HA.
That would delay them ALOT, and drive the cost up even more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am looking into if there are any ways I can make these any faster.
Right now, this 4+ hours each, is unexceptable.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ou-freaking-chy! 4-hours? Ticey, might you be interested in licensing this out? Or maybe having them made here? If there is decent interest, my local machinist would most likely be able to make them and get them HA as well. Contact me if this might be of interest.

Wilkey

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Very nice job jtice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I would be in for one or two if you make more.

jtice

Flashaholic
Gin, PM sent.

Im looking into it guys, but its not looking good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Time and $$$,,, time and $$$.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

balrog

Enlightened
That's nice work on the adaptor jtice. One way to ensure you have the $$$ is to take pre-orders with up front payments. Lowers the risk for you, so long as you get the per-unit price worked out correctly.

If you don't have the time perhaps talk with DSpeck and see if he couldn't get the production happening. Although it can't hold up the Firefly II at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If someone does produce these, I'd be down for one. HAIII preferred.

jtice

Flashaholic
I thought about preorders also, but I dont really feel comfortable with it.
Alot can go wrong, and I really dont wnat to owe half of CPF $$$. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I am looking into a few options.
All take too much $$$. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Ticey, count me in for one or two if you create pre-orders list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Very nice and very useful, I don't make any thing but I like all handmade you made here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif