Longbow owners............

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
Biger, brighter, badder. I love my Longbow. It is bigger than my LSP, a lot bigger when the Arc has the twistie pack on. But it is brighter and I like the looks better. For modders the Arc is better as the Longbow circuit is potted in expoxy. However the lens and optic are very easy to remove on the Longbow so some modding potental in that area. I also like the Longbow price better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Patrick

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I agree with Patrick. Although the ArcLS is smaller, I like my Micra over any of my Arcs. IMO, higher quality, easily serviceable, upgradeable, more options, looks nicer, cheaper than LSH-P, brighter, even down to the retail packaging which blows away ArcLS' instruction sheet and a ziplock bag.

sidespill

Enlightened
got me a micra,

when i first got it i looked it over real hard. I could not find any blemishes. The description "OD" states olive drab. Well there is nothing olive drab about it's just clean shades of grey at least mine is. If you want to know how it compares to ARC as far as aesthetics the Longbow blows it away seriously these things are gorgeous. The micra dissasembled (including o-rings)breaks down to 11 pcs. you can pretty much clean and lubricate everything. It actually comes with a cheap lens however I tried using my glass lens from the sanwich shoppe and it fits perfect. A minigag lens holder actually screws down on the bezel. not like you'd want to put one on there. each piece fits together perfect all the joints butt up against each other without any gaps. I am really impressed with the fit and finish but before I keep rambling about it like it's the cat's meow let me mention some dislikes

dislikes:

-The optic is nice similar to fraen lp but larger hotspot, the "square" outside the hotspot is more noticeable than the fraen lp. An annoyance if you get an offcenter one.
-the led is potted in epoxy, only the dome protrudes out making it difficult to get a reflector to focus right.
-the lens holder is too shallow to allow any other optic other than the stock or low profile to screw down flush.
-I have the clickie tailcap it's a kroll with a flat rubber boot mine stands on tail nice. the one thing i dont like is the grooves cut on the tailcap seem a bit sharp. HA3 or whatever nothing sticks to sharp edges and the finish will eventually wear in those areas.

final thought:

My best looking 1x123 light I own. (arc ls's, kl1, mclux variations)
-if somehow i could make an led module that I can easily swap different sandwiches in and if the lens holder were a bit deeper to accept reflectors this would be an awesome light.

This one's a sleeper. The Longbow threads here on CPF are mainly made up of post from the dealers and a bunch of newbies guys like myself with less than 100 post. Wonder why no veteran CPFers show interest in this light? Any veterans out there who want to share why or why not this light did not impress you?

nightshade

Enlightened
Thanks Sidespill, your post answered most all of the questions I had concerning the Micra.I will be ordering one tommorrow.Doesn't sound like I can fit a NX05 optic in the micra, but the light has other features I really like to offset that little disappointment.

scuba

Enlightened
Could someone tell me what the light is on the picture on their website after you click on products? It has some sort of little turbohead...

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
If your talking about the black one on the right side of the page, that is a Micra with the twistie tail cap.

scuba

Enlightened
I was actually talking about the one on the left side of the page. Not on the main page but once you click on "products" on top. It's in someone's hand.

scuba

Enlightened
Ok, I found it. It's just what they call the "Booster head" in the accessories section. Kind of nice...

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Oh I thought its Surefire flashlight on top of website (Bulldog website if you speak of). Guess they havent update with website designs

indenial

Enlightened
I believe the booster head is a five watt LED. It's not available-yet. I'm gratified to see someone with technical knowledge review these lights. Even to a non-techie like me it's obvious that Longbow makes a fine quality product. I can appreciate a Mercedes even if I don't know how it works!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
Just placed my order for a Longbow Micra with Bulldog yesterday. I'm expecting it Tuesday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Booster head can be use on Micra with 1 cr123. Wonder how 1 cr-123 handle with 5 watt led?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I guess it shouldnt be 5 watt led.

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Yea what about beam shot photo? ex: compared LSH-P and Micra. Photo tell thousand words

richpalm

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Mikhail said:
Yea what about beam shot photo? ex: compared LSH-P and Micra. Photo tell thousand words

[/ QUOTE ]

Also vs. Pelican M6 LED, colorwise, etc.