UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC - What\'s in Your Pocket(s)?? [repost]

Is that a Flashlight in your pocket -
or are you just pleased to see me?
(with apologies to Mae West)

EDC = EveryDay Carry -

So what's in your pockets?
other than the expected wallet and keys - what Flashlights and gadgets are there for your everyday carry?

I have 3 different EDC combinations - for

(1) normal out of my house EDC
(2) at home
(3) air travel

(1) normal - out of my house -
EDC_out3_S.jpg

left to right
Victorinox Scientist model - with customized handles - carried in a SackUp (underneath the knife)
Dorcy LED 1AAA - single AAA cell white LED flashlght - this replaces the Ultra-G mainly because of the momentary push-ON tail-switch - but see these threads:
Dorcy 1AAA vs. ArcAAA vs. Ultra-G
Dorcy 1AAA #2 (vs ArcAAA vs Ultra-G vs Dorcy #1)
Canon PowerShot A70 - 3Mp digicam - yes, I do carry it everyday and everywhere on a neoprene belt pouch - I take a lot of photos (checkout the photos via the url in my sig - several of my photos are on band's web sites)
Photon 1 Yellow - LED light on my keyring - been there for over 6+ years and battery's still fine - at one time my only light, that's a belt clip for carrying the keys.
[Update - it's now the Photon 2 Yellow that's been waiting for over 6 years to replace that Photon I]

(2) at Home
Remember at home I would have pretty easy access to all my lights and tools and knives - so I only carry on my person:
EDC_home3_S.jpg

left to right
Kershaw/Ken Onion LEEK - Speed-Safe assisted opening frame-lock - fast, easy access, sleek/slim and "right-sized" for me.
Another Dorcy LED 1AAA - replaces another Ultra-G.

(3) Air Travel -
with air travel security - my EDC is different for when I have to travel by Air, I try to minimize my carry -
EDC_air3_S.jpg

left to right
Victorinox Yeoman - as is, carried in a SackUp - placed in checked luggage for actual air travel, carried in pocket after arriving at destination - I do this because I do not want any possibility of losing my normal EDC customized SAK - also an unmodified SAK is easily recognizable and not usually regarded as a weapon.
Canon PowerShot A70 - 3Mp digicam - as above
Photon 1 Yellow - on keyring - as above - but when abroad I do not have to carry my keys, so I am light-less so to speak, and often am caught wishing I had my light on me - I may well remove the Photon 1 Yellow from the keyring to carry, or think about taking the Dorcy LED 1AAA or Ultra-G.
[Update - it's now the Photon 2 Yellow that's been waiting for over 6 years to replace that Photon I]

So what do you EDC?

Do your EDCs vary?

Show us pics... please.

[note: the original thread somehow got left behind in the Electroluminescent/Lasers/Headlamps/Hybrids forum when the LED forum was split out, the orginal thread is here ]

lennonsbug

Newly Enlightened
Re: EDC - What\'s in Your Pocket(s)?? [repost]

This thread should be listed in "Knives/Multi-tools/Watches
Gadgets/Non-flashlight Electronics".

I really like the custom handles in the first pic of the SAK. Where can I get those and the SackUp?

simbad

Enlightened

EDC......my pants are falling down...dear how many things are you carrying in your pockets?,my wife asks me.....

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your air travel picture is way out of date, or at least pre 9/11. When was the last time you tried to get any kind of blade through security at an airport.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Hey JimH,

Haven't had a chance to yet, with all the hubbub, but welcome to CPF, and stay a while!

As to Vincent's EDC, he notes that the SAK is checked thru security in a checked suitcase, not carried onto the plane. And he doesn't carry his normal EDC SAK because he might lose it as TSA goes thru his checked luggage. I agree the last sentence is a bit confusing, because of course, you can carry various weapons in your checked luggage, including firearms, but perhaps UnknownVT just means he doesn't want to call particular attention to the knife in his checked luggage.

Welcome again, have fun at the meeting of the flashaholics!
daloosh

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

daloosh,

Thanks for keeping me honest. I was deep in work when I read the post and missed that. Of course, if I hadn't read it in the first place, I would not have missed so much of the work I was buried in. If I don't get out of CPF soon, I'm going to get fired before too long.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is that a Flashlight in your pocket -
or are you just pleased to see me?

If I see that one more time on this forum, I'm going to puke my guts out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I sure hope thats a flashlight in your pocket cuze you need all your blood in your brain where it *might* do some good. Yes dear.

The only light I keep on my key chain is a red Photon 3. I carry others often...Dorcy AAA...sometimes Arc AA.

Ken

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

At this very moment...on my keychain, there's an Arc-AAA PE, a Coleman Keychain Lantern, two Photon Freedoms (one normal and one covert), an ETG keychain flashlight, a green Glow Ring, and a blue Glow Ring.
In my EDC bag is a CMG Reactor. I put that flashlight in my bag the day before St. Patrick's day because it has a "rotten dog urnie green" Luxeon in it, and I haven't bothered to take it back out. I sometimes clip my SureFire L4 or L5 to the cellular telephone holster on my electric wheelchair, but they aren't there at this second.
As far as other gadgets that I EDC, just my Nokia 1260 cellular telephone.

(Edit, a moment later)
I just now clipped a SureFire L5 to the phone holder.

I generally don't carry flashlights or any other articles in my pockets because they tend to quickly fall out when I use my electric wheelchair to go somewhere, even if it's just checking the mail or taking out the garbage.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

My EDC is already listed in my signature, but I'll identify "on my person" vs EDC bag (Maxpedition FatBoy).

On me:
Lights - zinc-air Fire-Fli, Peak 3 led AAA, Arc LS, tri-light (red laser, white led, uv led), PT Eclipse (on front belt loop).
Non-lights - eyeglass screwdriver, Swiss Army Executive knife, Gerber E-Z Out knife (on belt in Wilderness Tactical HIC), Schrade multitool (to be replaced by SwissTool CS plus as soon as it gets here) (on belt in CountyComm HIC), wind proof lighter, ACR USCG approved whistle, cruzer mini 256 MB USB memory stick, nitro tablets.

EDC bag:
Lights - SF L4, UK 2L, PT Eclipse, Swiss Tech Photon II clone, $1.oo Photon II clone (makes great zipper pull), X5 UV
Non-Lights - Garmin Etrex Vista GPS, SOG Twitch II knive, wine opener knife, Gerber E-Z Out Junior knife, Dell pocket PC, spare 123 size batteries, spare lithium AA batteries, cell phone, spare cell phone battery, digital camera.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

I carry an Arc AA on my keychain. You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Airmon

Newly Enlightened

Photon II on keyring.

Letherman Wave and ARC 4+ on belt. If dressed up where belt implements are frowned upon ( rare for me ) I'll carry a little stainless SAK knockoff.

stockae92

Enlightened

Photon III white LED on keyring

somethings i carry the Ultra G in my pocket as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I don't have anything in my pocket right now but when I'm outside, I have my housekeys of course, an Inova micro-light(white LED) on the key ring, some money (maybe 4-20$), FRS walkie talkie (We have a little "network" at school that the principal [aka "the hammer"] dosen't know about; he's more with catching people using text-message on cellphones), my watch if I don't have time to put it on, Dixon Ticonderoga No.2 pencil, Pressurized "Space-Pen" refill cartridge in an ordinary "pen", my hat, school ID card, maybe some screws or nuts and bolts, "hey Andrew; why do you have AA batteries", sometimes my coleman AA flashlight, hey, I was looking for my retainer, some other odds and ends that I can't think of right now.
That's pretty much all if I can grab most of it when I'm in a hurry.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not much when off shift,
CMG Infinity, Benchmade 710SBT, Gerber multitool (Urban Legend), a Benchmade 975SBT (once I get it back from the 1SG), lighter, ASP Saphire, usually me cellphone for some reason, I guess to receive SMS's.

On shift add in an M16 with M203 grenade launcher, Cold Steel Outdoorsman, Interceptor Body Armor (IBA) with plates, Fighting Load Carrier (FLC) from the Molle system, Camel Back, Molle ruck (MOLLE = Modular Lightweight Load carrying Equipment), JSLIST (chemical protective suit), gas mask, kevlar helmet (the new Advanced Combat Helmet, waaaay better than the old "K-Pot"), SureFire 9P, Tec 40, Magcharger (in ruck), a couple hundred rounds of 5.56, some grenades, a Goretex parka (when it rains in the desert it RAINS!), and the little notebook that all good troops should carry.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Today (church, and no work):
keys w/white Photon II, black Vnox Classic
Fisher bullet Space Pen , black/fine
Spyderco Paramilitary plain edge
Arc LSH-S w/twistie
wallet

You really don't want a list of everything in the Maxpedition FatBoy. Really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Artful

Newly Enlightened

most of the time led (blue/white photon clone) on neck chain

just general going out add Twintask

Serious traveling added in fanny pack
Mini-Mag and Surefire 6z red led micro

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wondered why there is a spring in my step compared to some of you guys. I usually have only a Legend with Opalec and an Arc AAA on a neck chain. Sometimes a Brinkmann AAA LED that I have modified somewhat (solid arc type reflector, goofed up circuit etc.).

In my general purpose camera kit I now have a Cannon A80 with charger and twelve extra batteries plus five 256MB cards. And maybe a Dorcy AAA or two.