2000 Chevy Camaro Stuff/Upgrades?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a 2000 Chevy Camaro w/ a 3.8L V6 coupled to a standard tranny, I was wondering about possible upgrades and the like? I tend to like cars very close to stock engine-wise, but as far as things such as air filters, intakes, cool looking interior things (especially ones that glow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), does anyone have good recommendations? Not really looking for any improvements in HP or speed, pretty much just efficiency and possibly performance, if that makes sense.

Also, anything I should know about that tends to go bad or is a flaw? The one thing I'm aware of is the 4 "quick disconnect" squeeze hose clamps that I have heard should be replaced with the screw down type.

Please feel free to use this thread for pretty much anything Camaro related. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

fluorescent

Enlightened
I've got a 99 Z28... mods: K&N Filtercharger (FIPK) Cold Air Kit, 25% ASP Reduction Harmonic Balancer Crank Pulley 15% Alternator, Granatelli Motorsports MAF, AccuFab CNC Billet Aluminum Throttle Body, MotorVator Throttle Body Spacer, B&M Ripper shifter, CAGS Skip shift eliminator, Flowmaster muffler...

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A better exhaust than stock. It should make your engine breathe easier and more efficiently. This will give you a little more horsepower as well as a small increase in fuel economy. The same for a good air intake.

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
Do a search for 'Camaro Forums' or some related term on your favourite search engine, pick a decent looking site like this one, and search, read & learn from their knowledge & experience. They'll know the best sources for related products too, just like this place.
Of course, just like this place, they'll probably cause you to spend loads of $$$ on kewl stuff you didn't know existed before you got here...oh wait, that's me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
maybe you should put a big spotlight on the hood? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
maybe you should put a big spotlight on the hood? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... Galls does sell that cool remote control one. A white wired one, and a greyish one with a wireless remote. Might not be sporty enough though.

What about the LED lights to light up your stereo and dash? If you don't stick too many there, it won't start looking cheesy. If it's your thing, the LED valve stem caps are kinda cool. Take a stroll around the accessories section of your local auto store for ideas as well.