Princeton Tec Eclipse

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ran across a Princeton Tec Eclipse. It was so cute and so cheap that I bought one ($4.95). I liked it so much, I bought 2 more. I found out they usually go for $14.95, I bought 10 more (great stocking stuffers), including some UV ones at the same price.

I wondered if others were as /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif with this little light as I was so I entered "eclipse" as a search string - no hits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. That really scared me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif. Oh no, I thought, not another Peak.

I just checked back with the site I got them from, and whew, what a relief - they are still available at the price I paid.

Question: I can't believe these don't show up on CPF, are they new.

In any case, here's the site. Please someone, anyone, tell me I'm not hallucinating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

http://store.botachtactical.com/printecec.html

paulr

Flashaholic
You got them that cheap because they're replaced by the Eclipse II which has some improvements like a better clip. See the reviews at flashlightreviews.com or ledmuseum.org for more info.

They've never been that popular here on CPF, probably because they do pretty much the same thing as some much smaller keychain lights like the Photon III. However, they are cute in their own way.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr,

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. For $4.95, I still like them for stocking stuffers. Nobody I give presents to is a flashaholic.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a Eclipse II on my keychain, and love it. It has a bright beam, and is very ergonomic. Price wasn't bad either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I got a couple of these last May.
I'm surprised the search did not turn up my page about them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I only searched CPF. I used the search button at the top of the page.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of them. 1 white and 1 red. They are pretty much like the Photon 3's except no S.O.S. feature. They are considerably bigger than Photons, which is why I don't put one on my keyring. I do like the Eclipse's switch much better than the Photon switch. No waiting for it to cycle through the modes, just click the button as many times as necessary to get to the desired mode. If the Eclipse was as small as the Photon, added the S.O.S. feature, and kept it's switch like it already is, it would be close to perfect, in my opinion. All in all, I like them.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forget the keychain - with that big clip, it's perfect for hanging from a belt loop, or other places. Just separate it when you need it. Like I said before, nice little light, but the thing that makes it so attractive is all the features you get for the $4.95 price tag

Latest posts