Pre-ordering Arc 4 concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I think that the Arc 4 looks like a fantastic light and I was on the verge of pre-ordering one from your website, but after reading other discussion threads on this BBS, I am understandably concerned that if I pre-order, the light might never arrive. Is there any assurances that you can give to prospective buyers like me that the Arc 4s will still be sent out within a reasonable time frame?

I'm sorry to ask such a delicate question, but I would be very surprised if I am the only member in this predicament and I felt sure that you'd rather my concerns were addressed so that I can go ahead and order one, than have me remain silent and not order.

Thanks

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe your CC won't be charged until your arc shipped. IF (and not likely) arc could not send your stuff, then your money would prolly be refunded or not charged at all in the first place

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Peter may chime in with a more knowledgable answer, but I think you need not worry. Arc (like all of us) could use money. The Arc4+ is their only product currently in active and efficient production, which means that making and shipping them is priority #1 for Arc. You're not at financial risk because Arc won't charge your card until they ship the light. Even if they did, presuming you paid with a credit card, you probably have leverage through your credit issuer. The only risk I see, and I consider it a very small one, is of not getting the light and not having your card charged. Order away! I did.

Wiz

Newly Enlightened
Good points well made, thanks. Hopefully that will help others from having any similar worries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mic

Newly Enlightened
Dont worry your card won't get charge till it ships

if i had the money i would order another one

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Wiz,

You have a valid point but you shouldn't have any fear whatsoever. Although you're relatively new (but that doesn't mean uninformed) having been a member myself for nearly as long as Peter, I can confidently say that he has a strong record of being straightforward, candid and willing to do whatever it takes. He's posted so many times and in such detail over the years that you couldn't possibly read all of his posts.

Having read them as for as long as I have you really have nothing to fear. Arc will not charge your card until the item ships and Peter will be there after the sale.

Order the light and start thinking about how you will impress your friends. I ordered one myself last week before all of these issues surfaced and I have no intention of cancelling the order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one for a few days before I sent it off to asia. I have to get another. I bought the first one used since I wanted to get one out to the battery maker as quick as I could. Now I want to get one for myself. These are really nice lights.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Wiz. Yes, ditto to what they have said. We don't charge your card before we ship. We are assembling completed Arc4+ Rev2s this coming week. I don't have enough to fill all the orders right away. I think I can fill half this coming week and the other half in the following 2 weeks (giving myself some buffer to be on the safe side).

Peter

javafool

Enlightened
I have purchased several flashlights from ARC and consider them a first class, high quality company to do business with. I finally ordered a ARC4+-P shortly after the Rev 2 announcement and have no worries about my light arriving as stated.

I won't encourage you to order or not to order. I will tell you that my experiences and many others here on CPF hold ARC in very high regard!

TerryF

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I should edit my previous post but for the sake of cheap prominence and self promotion I've added another reply.

This is a minor point but like an itch that just won't go away, can we call the Arc4+ Rev2 the A4R2? It's easy and doesn't take any effort but simulataneously completely conveys what we are talking about. A4R2! A4R2! Come on everyone - say it together! A4R2!!!

Even Boeing abreviates like I'm suggesting. It's known as the 747-400, 777-200, 737-900 and so forth but it's abreviated to the 744, 772 and 739 respectively.

I've made this easy because you can type it with only your left hand. Your right hand can do whatever.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
You guys from Texas kill me! The land where BBQ is a religion, football is king and the women have Texas sized hairdos and now you have to jump into my little request for Peter! Sheesh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Isn't there something Jerry Jones has done that you could focus on instead? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lambo

Newly Enlightened
I've been here even less time than Wiz has, but I've been here long enough to know that Peter Gransee tries to be a paragon of rectitude, and as far as I can tell, generally succeeds. I've prepaid by PayPal for my Arc4+ Rev.2 (or "A4R2", if Flashlightboy insists), and even though it's only going to be my third or fourth Arc light, I have no doubt whatsoever that my order will be filled. And I hope Peter's already using my prepayment wisely.

If you look carefully at Peter's long post on yesterday's unfortunate thread, I think you have to admit that his decency, restraint, and determination not to say an unfair word shine through in circumstances where most of the rest of us -- I should only speak for myself, so where I -- would be incandescent with rage.

Even if the worst happens to Arc, I suspect Peter will be one of those rare kooks who spends the rest of his life honoring his warranties and repaying his debts. You won't find a better product, or a better man, on CPF.

Wiz, stop worrying and buy two.

lambo

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if that's the only time "incandescent" will show up in the Arc Forum on the search function? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

lambo

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff,
I am not a Texan! It is just the place were my stuff is located at this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif To make it worse, I am a Chicago Bears and Auburn Tiger fan as far as football is concerned.
As far as BBQ, I prefer not to eat it TX style. Besides, "true Texans" would not read an Arc forum, does not fit the "everything is bigger in Texas" concept. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

simbad

Enlightened
The key of my Audi A4 with the A4 light, or the 2004 newer version Audi A4II and the Arc 4II... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
Arc 2x4 ( well,it's as sturdy as one)
Arc 4xxxooo ( for the more affectionately inclined)
Arc 4 1/2 ( neither 4 nor 5-- but maybe this should be saved for later revisions)
Arc 4.2 ( for us tech geeks)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.