Does SNL suck now or is it just me?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to figure out if I've just become an old geezer or something. It seems to me that Saturday Night Live really is horrible now. I mean, I don't have to go back to the origins with Chevy Chase, Bill Murray etc., but it seems like the show was much better just a few years ago with Chris Farley, David Spade, etc then it is now. Most of the skits I see now are plain just not funny.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've got to agree with you. SNL has generally been stinking for some time. Lately I've been skipping it, like tonight. Of course, unfortunately, I guess I'm becoming somewhat of an old geezer. I long for the humor of the early casts.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Been watching it on and off since its debut almost 30 years ago. It goes thru cycles, it'll be good for a while, then bad for a while.

Anybody remember the similar show - "Fridays" ? It was good, didn't last long. Michael Richards ( Kramer ) was on it.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Sub, I don't remember the "hump", the main MR character I remember was the kid playing with toy soldiers. Another favorite was Mark Blankfield doing the pharmacist - "Take a PILL!!!!". And who could forget a young Melanie Chartoff?

Avix

Newly Enlightened
Phaserburn got it in one. started with the best, further and further downhill ever since (still trying to figure out why people think David Spade is funny)

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think David Spade is funny because he plays a good smart-alleck. But much of his appeal came from his teaming up with Chris Farley.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I kinda like Tina Fay doing news. The ambiguously gay duo is sometimes funny. The rest is quite forgettable.

When Newman, Radner, Bellushi, Akroyd, Morris etc. were the main characters, now THAT was comedy!!!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I kinda like Tina Fay doing news. The ambiguously gay duo is sometimes funny. The rest is quite forgettable.

When Newman, Radner, Bellushi, Akroyd, Morris etc. were the main characters, now THAT was comedy!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. BTW, did you know that Tina Fey is the head writer for SNL? I like her sense of humor. They can't replace the likes of Belushi or Akroyd though. Interesting that they've been bringing back some of the original cast in short cameo roles. Chase was on Weekend Update once playing the "Land Shark" character.