Dorsy Aluminium recant

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave a bad rating yesterday on another thread but last night I had the time to give this torch a more through going over. Here goes.

Cons:
The light output is very weak for a 6v torch. No change there. The supposedly ajustable beam is a crual joke. The lens cover is cheap thin plastic. The switch is somewhat hard to operate.
frown.gif

Pros:
Save the blister pack. I'ts really tough to cut and can be used to make replacement lens covers. The body is thinner than a Mag but not by much. Don't use it to drive tent stakes like a Mag but it is strong. The whole torch comes apart easily. The bulb is held in the head by a similar method as Mag. Well made considering it's made in China. Some rough spots in the machining but no big deal. The bulb itself is a PR base so changing to a better LED should be a major plus. O-rings on the head and tail. U-channel gasket on the lens. Should be moisture resistive at the least. Nice blue color.

All in all, with a better bulb, It could be a keeper.
I am going to send the torch to Stingmon to test to the death.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

phred,
You are absolutely correct about the output; marginal. I bought it for that pupose (odd as it seems).