Rescue tool + LED light?

mikep

Enlightened
Seen this yet (from the Brookstone catalog):
rescue.JPG

(sorry for the lousy image, i just scanned the crumpled page I've been carrying around)
It says the LED light uses 1 AAA battery, I wonder what kind of step-up they use? It made me think you could either make a pointy cap for the back of a CMG infinity, or actually sharpen the 'lanyard tab' to make it a good auto glass breaker.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikep:
Seen this yet (from the Brookstone catalog):<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The picture shows a regular light bulb in that flashlight.
blush.gif
tongue.gif

Harrkev

Enlightened
I have not ever had to wet-exit from a car, but I would assume that cutting the seat belt would come BEFORE breaking the glass.

Thus, you would have to unscrew the cap, cut the belt, re-attach the cap, and then smash the window. Also, the flashlight points in the wrong direction to help you with this task.

I don't think that I will buy one.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk about planning for the unlikely. Keeping a specialized device in the car just in case you should drive into the lake. Plus, if I did end up in the drink I'd prefer a nice bright halogen over an LED. Its just not the type of situation where having umpteen hours of battery life is important.
rolleyes.gif