Jetbeam        

Thread: Rescue tool + LED light?

Flashaholic

Default Rescue tool + LED light?

Seen this yet (from the Brookstone catalog):

(sorry for the lousy image, i just scanned the crumpled page I've been carrying around)
    It says the LED light uses 1 AAA battery, I wonder what kind of step-up they use? It made me think you could either make a pointy cap for the back of a CMG infinity, or actually sharpen the 'lanyard tab' to make it a good auto glass breaker.

Default Re: Rescue tool + LED light?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikep:
    Seen this yet (from the Brookstone catalog):<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The picture shows a regular light bulb in that flashlight. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I have not ever had to wet-exit from a car, but I would assume that cutting the seat belt would come BEFORE breaking the glass.

Thus, you would have to unscrew the cap, cut the belt, re-attach the cap, and then smash the window. Also, the flashlight points in the wrong direction to help you with this task.

I don't think that I will buy one.

Talk about planning for the unlikely. Keeping a specialized device in the car just in case you should drive into the lake. Plus, if I did end up in the drink I'd prefer a nice bright halogen over an LED. Its just not the type of situation where having umpteen hours of battery life is important. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]