Arc 4 rev2 vs Streamlight 3AA luxeon tasklight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeforceFX

Newly Enlightened
I have a Streamlight tasklight 3AA luxeon flashlight i just got it is claimed to be 35 lumens.I have been using it and i love it anyone compared it to a arc4 is it brighter than the arc4. I just preorder me a arc4 rev2 and want to know what to expect i am looking for small which the arc4 rev2 will win easily but how does it stack up in brightness compared to the Streamlight 3AA luxeon tasklight. If anyone knows please let me know. One more question how long is the wait on the preorder? Im a newbie to all this just started to get crazy about them. Saw them along time ago but didn't have the money now i do. Just curious how it stacks up to the competion. I have read reviews of it vs the l4 and kl1 surefire and i must say im impressed can't wait to get it "Peter" IT Looks awsome And The Price Is FINE. Keep making them man. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. I love playing with the simulator site while i wait. www.wundes.com/arc/ Ok im gonna shut up Now.LOL LUXEON will dominate ALL>! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

<Own Streamlight 3AA luxeon tasklight. And Lightwave 4000

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Arc 4 Rev1's, but I doubt most people can tell the difference between 10% increase of Rev2s. Even so, I'm still tempted to buy Rev2 Arc 4s to find out.

I have also the Luxeon Tasklight, its a nice light but quite large for its output.

Anyway, My Arc 4+ Rev1s have a lot more usable sidespill than the Luxeon Tasklight. The Luxeon Tasklight has a larger hot spot, but to my eyes the hotspot isn't any brighter.

To my eyes, the Arc 4+ gives off more total light.

I know the Arc 4+ is rated at 30 lumens and the Streamlight Tasklight rated at 35, but I really question Streamlights rating. Either I got lucky and have really bright Arc 4s, or Streamlight is exagerating their output a bit.

The tint of the Streamlight Luxeon Tasklights is greener, so that may give it the impression of being less bright. Compared to the Streamlight, my Arc 4s are much whiter.

cy

Flashaholic
I had a 3x SL for a short while. In terms of total ouput, IMHO it was not brighter than arc4+. My 3x SL had very little spill, with a very tight center spot, making a comparison difficult when using lumens as a measure.

The 3X 1.5V cell combo seems taylor made for direct driving luxeons. The 3X SL luxeon is a real bargain for the output, if you like the long form factor.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Interesting results. My 3x SL produced 505 Lux from 1 meter, and Arc 4+ produces 840 Lux from 1 meter. So forme Arc 4+ was much better.

As of the rev2 Arc 4... As I've read in another thread Arc 4+ measured 600 lux form 1 meter. Mine was 840 as I mentioned above. The difference is over 30% or 40% depend how you calculate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
So, if the spread is 30% within 4+ model I suspect rev2 will have the same spread or close to it. Hence the chances of gettign rev 2 with lover than 840 lux from 1 meter is kindda high.
I have never seen official numbers from Arc as of what Lux reading should be for 30 lumen Arc 4, or 35 Arc 4... Would be interesting.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zvi, i presume your reading is from the level one?
what do you get from level 2, the highest primary mode?

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Yup, my reading is from L1. I haven't tested ther levels, but I can try later one I get home tonight.

indenial

Enlightened
I've done the comparison. To this all too flawed naked eye the ARC4+Rev2 is brighter than the SL 3AA Lux, has a wider sidespill and a smoother hotspot. It's truly awesome. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.