ls princton tec blast!!!

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
my blast now is running a luxean star wanna know how? if so just reply that you do and i will tell you. i am not snobby i just have a hard time typeing
rolleyes.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
my blast now is running a luxean star wanna know how? if so just reply that you do and i will tell you. i am not snobby i just have a hard time typeing
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your typing ain't important
tongue.gif
grin.gif

-so can you post any interesting info?

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
sure thing- take the bulb module(pt) and remove the bottom board with a Knife carefully and save that switch
shocked.gif
now set aside the reflecter . take the bulb out and put wires in it place thiner the better 1 inch or so long. solder them in . now get the reflector and enlarge the bulb hole to 3/8 or so. its more presise if you drill from the shiny side down.

now take your ls and remove the optics and put them aside. remove the optics holder from the heat sync leaving the exposed lsled. carefully remove the ls heat the leads if you needto.

slide the ls led up into the 3/8 reflecter hole(watch those leads. you can figure out how far it needs to go up into the reflector as i cant explain it) now hold it in plase with hot glue going from the leds bottem to the side of the inside. now solder the wires to the ls put the bottem on including the "switch". dont break the clear pegs
now file down the bump on the optics and drop in the reflector.

done. man that was hard any questions?
do me the favor of telling me what you think

Coherence

Newly Enlightened
Aragorn -

This would make a nice little waterproof light.

How would you say the light output compares to the original Blast? Or a common light such as Maglite 2AA?

Are there any heat buildup issues with this conversion?

If you don't have any heat issues then it will probably be brighter with lithium cells.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
no heat problems and it been a week since i made it.
also it is the same or brighter than the blast
best thing is when all you have is dead batts you can load four into the rage if
you have one and you're back in business
it is water proof and youcan use p.t.'s intercangable parts