New Guy...Old Questions

Delta

Enlightened
Hi there. Yeah, I'm new. I come from some other boards and stumbled upon this one...made sense to join since I have a weird flashlight fetish.

So since you all have been around and ferreted out the best deals no doubt, I have a couple questions. I am sure you have heard them before, and if so I apologize. Here they are:

1) Best place/Prices on CR123's. The best I found is Texas Tactical, $.99 ea.

2)Place to find decent, third party Surefire holsters...maybe custom kydex or concealex. Don't really like what they offer, and just got my first one, a simple but mighty G2. I am sold.

3)Best all-around price point place for Surefires and Inovas.

4)Who/What are Surefires closest competitors? I hear some are emerging. What are you guys excited about? I love the Surefires, but damn the nice ones are expensive!

Thank you in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
regarding the first question.
as you may know, cheapest does not mean the best. I believe battery station sell some unnamed brand CR123 for 80 cents each. but for high drain application, these cells do not perform as well as their sf counterpart.

Delta

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:
regarding the first question.
as you may know, cheapest does not mean the best. I believe battery station sell some unnamed brand CR123 for 80 cents each. but for high drain application, these cells do not perform as well as their sf counterpart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know. So far I have only used the Surefire brand in any of my lights.