Is the Infinity Ultra G really HA?

stockae92

Enlightened
i asked the same question not too long ago, and the in general, people agree that Ultra G is in fact HA

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
stockae92 said:
i asked the same question not too long ago, and the in general, people agree that Ultra G is in fact HA

[/ QUOTE ]I have several I purchased from Country Comm and yes, they are HA and VERY tough. A razor blade can't begin to scratch the finish.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
older (and i mean OLDer) ultra, the finish is HA3. But newer ones use a shinier, less strong HA2 finish.
But Ultra-G is indeed HA3. I believe the reason they make the ultra G HA3 is to differentiate them from the civilian ultra. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The county comm G's don't appear HA, the finish on mine was terrible.

I have 2 Infinity Ultras and they have a much nicer finish but the same general color as the Ultra G, so how can one be HA3 and the other not/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif My infinity Ultras have a much nicer brighter beam too.

paulr

Flashaholic
The Ultra-G is HA (it's been tested) and the finish on all of mine is pretty good though the LED centering in a couple of them isn't so hot. I guess some get through sometimes with not so good finish as well.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
The finish on my G is markfree and its a very hard coating, I compared my ARC AA and my Ultra G for beam concentricity and both are very similar which surprised me. Do the standard infinity/ultras have the body colored "reflector" as the Ultra G or polished aluminum as the ARC??

paulr

Flashaholic
The standard Infinities and Ultras are anodized over the whole flashlight just like the Ultra-G. It really makes no practical difference in the beam, and according to some, it helps with corrosion resistance.

03lab

Enlightened
This should go into the faq /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I disagree. I polished my Infinity Ultra and it was better. Not a lot, but more than 1% better. It was not 50% better though. The blackness of that G model may be better even if less light output because it would be harder to see at night.(with light turned off). The LED itself is supposed to be focused.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--

My Lights: ***

http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/NikolaTesla/