Need mod or replacement bulb help. txt.

S

sgtdraino

Hi folks, I'm new here. This is my first visit, via the LED Museum, and I need help with something!

I purchased a combination flashlight/stungun/siren, that comes equipped with an incandescent bulb. I'd like to either modify the light to take an LED bulb, or (more ideally) find a good drop-in LED replacement bulb for the light.

It's a fairly cheap-looking thing, made in Taiwan, entitled "Multi-Function Flashlight FS." It's powered by a 9 volt battery, and the small manual proclaims the incandescent bulb to be a "6.3V 3W strong light lamp."

The bulb itself is about the size of a Mag-Lite bulb, and bears the identifier, "KR6VO.75A". Unlike a Mag-Lite bulb, this bulb does NOT have a smooth PR base. Instead it has a PEZ-type screw-in base. The screw socket in the light is just a bit too small for an actual Mag-Lite PR base to slide into.

Before I purchased the light, not knowing what kind of bulb it had, I had been planning to replace its bulb with one of LEDdynamics' EverLED bulbs. Unfortunately, they are only available with a PR base. In fact, I've only found one LED replacement bulb with a screw-base (I forget where), but that one could only withstand 4 volts.

I'd really like to get a replacement LED bulb or bulbs for this light, or get the light modified to use LEDs. If anyone has any advice, knows any sources, or can even work on the light, I'd like to hear from them.

Thanks in advance for the help!

S

sgtdraino

Not quite. The size is right, but the voltage tolerance is too low. However, Scott from Tek-tite says they should be able to build me what I want. Thanks a lot!