new hood ornament

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
saw this beautiful thing in an auto store, and just had to have it!

front.jpg

fronttopish.jpg

frontangle.jpg

backangle.jpg

closeback.jpg

yes, the hood can open, i just need to tilt the "ornament" forward ever so slightly....
switch.jpg

the switch has a built-in indicator led, and was placed in the place of a black cutout in the dashboard, where there was suposed to be a guage, but wasn't
wholedash.jpg

and here's what it looked like before...
frontend.jpg

100watts of hood ornament! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
(might end up putting a 150watt bulb in there eventually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

on a side note, this should be legal so long as i keep it off, right?
what about running it while i'm driving (obviously not with anyone coming the other way!)

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow

looks cool roth
the car looks very well taken care of on the outside. The inside looks "good" too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and the addition of the new lamp makes it even cooler. i like the new lamp. personally, i would rather get a pair and put it side by side, looks more even to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
cyclops!

thanks diddle, that's perfect!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the cyclops, i like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watch out Mercedes Benz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
for real!

i think i just doubled the retail value on this thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Yea, wth Roth, no beamshots???
You know better ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

I wouldnt drive with it on, they can easily give you a ticket for that.

For one thing, in my state, you cannot turn on any light, that is above your headlights.

Just tell the cop you do alot of offroading... lololol

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Somehow the "high tech" switch just doesn't fit the interior decor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast