magcharger heat shield

Lightman

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering if any Magcharger/01160 owners have had problems with the bulb pedestal melting and what fixes are available to solve this overheating problem. I did read somewhere about mica discs being installed between the bulb and the pedestal. Has anyone had any success with this?

The lamp pedestal on my Magcharger seems to have melted a little and I am looking for a fix.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mica thing would be me. I've ordered materials and will be reporting back as soon as I receive the stuff and run some tests.

Wilkey

Lightman

Newly Enlightened
Yes, as we continue to modify and improve on the Magcharger's ability to produce more light, I think we will need to address the issue of excessive heat and how it will effect the bulb holder. I am thinking of dismantling the bulb holder to see if I can replace the plastic part of the holder with a custom made ceramic one. Will let you know how it goes.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. The plastic part can be removed and replaced. It's quite a simple piece but not at all something the general user would want to do. It requires 95% disassembly of the switch/charger core using strap wrenches and a pin spanner. CPF member js has already asked about this and I plan on sending him a plastic pin socket to examine.

Please let us know how your work goes.

Wilkey