D-drive mod 2d Inretech trilight red/orange died

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D-drive mod 2d Inretech trilight red/orange w pics

Here's a runtime graph created with:
a digital multitester, a pair of vintage 35 year old eyeballs, Microsoft paint program, edited and converted to jpg by irfanview ( a www.tucows.com free to keep download)
And some effort on my part.
Directdrive2d_cell_Inretech_Trilight_red_orange.jpg

Edit: I recieved this message from Inretech via email:

"The resistors limit the current
but, they also isolate the LEDs
Each LED likes to find its best operating voltage
and the resistors allow them to do that"

I also had an Inretech mc660 20 red led unit that had only 1 resistor for all 20 leds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I have other led products with 1 resistor for all and 1 resistor for each led, and haven't lost any of them yet(they all still work to this day) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Edit again:
Another email from Inretech.
It's the high current draw of the luxeons that warrants isolating each with it's own resistor, versus 1 resistor for all on the mc 20 T5 series.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fyi:
This mod sends the factory warranty down the toilet like any other mod usually does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you tried it in the woods yet? I find animals aren't spooked, but as soon as I turn on my 5W green, they flee. This is with a 2D mag reflector R/O mod. Also, their eyes glow super bright back at you!!! If you can't even see the animal, you'll see their eyes!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have several feral cats that the downstairs neighbors feed every morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif
I'll try this light out with them 1st out in the courtyard shrubbery where they hide, and see what happens when I head out to work tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

One emitter, and now all 3 are dead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif
The kit has gone back to the manufacturer with a letter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif
You tried 3 times Mike, but I just can't understand why not all your lights are as good as the one in my avatar that you made for me last March. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif