Clickie Mod Break

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Inspired by gadget lover's mod of the TL-3's tailcap into a true clickie, I did the same to mine and then found myself holding my chin between my thumb and forefinger wondering, "Hmmm, wonder if this would work on the Super Baby Pin?". And truth be told, it does:

You press out the SBP's switch guts from behind, unscrew the remaining plastic ring leaving the rubber switch boot in, then drop in a Garrity 2AA switch with the two metal contact "ears" bent outwards.

You will need a little spring to tuck under the other two contact "ears" on the bottom (battery-facing) side of the switch.

You will also need a metal sleeve of exactly the right size, so instead of busting my brains going to the hardware store, I simply cut a strip from a piece of copper sheetmetal and bent it into a ring just the right size to drop down between the Garrity switch and the inner wall of the Fox light host's tailcap, making contact with the tops of the bent ears. A strip width of about 1/4" to 3/16" will do, plus cutting the length to fit around the inside of the tailcap without overlap.

When you screw on the tailcap it squeezes the copper strip between the edge of the battery tube and the ears, and Voila!, instant clickie!

Sorry no pitchers, gots ta get back to muh *other* project now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Way to go, Charlie! Now get back to WORK.

Seriously, I've been amazed at how many places you can put those switches. They are very thin. I currently have one in a TL3-LED, a PM6-LED and a Dorcy 1AA. Oh, I guess I also have one of those switches in a Garrity 2AA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it's possible to mod the garrity switch into a "push for momentary on" type instead its normal "click on then push for momentary off". I haven't finished experimenting with it yet due to other obligations.

Now how about some pictures on your next break.

Daniel

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Oh yeah one more thing, the Kroll (minus boot) fits too, and does already have the proper momentary sequence. But it is just a hari too long overall, and doesn't allow full threading of the tailcap onto the body tube.