7 D Maglight

jamesraykenney

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where I can get a new(Unused) 7 D Maglight?

Mine was stolen years ago...Car broken into...The left the NikonF2!!!! and took some cassettes, my 7D and my prescription glasses(I bought Playboy(tm) sunglasses because they fit so well and had the company put prescription lenses in them...I bet they were disappointed when they found they could not wear them!)

That was my first 'High Performance' flashlight and I would REALLY like to replace it...I even had the Krypton bulb in it(it had a strange beam pattern with it, but it was bright(for the time.)
I know that my Surefires are brighter and better, but I STILL WANT to replace it...Besides...It makes a nice club when filled with 7Ds.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
They haven't been made since the late '80s and pretty ones now are in people's collections. I've never even seen one for sale used. If you get a line on a couple, let me know. I just picked up a 7D B-Lite for kicks.

FWIW, Mag's old spec sheets show that the 6D is slightly brighter than the 7D. I guess the long one was more for runtime/whacking.

jamesraykenney

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ABTOMAT said:
They haven't been made since the late '80s and pretty ones now are in people's collections. I've never even seen one for sale used. If you get a line on a couple, let me know. I just picked up a 7D B-Lite for kicks.

FWIW, Mag's old spec sheets show that the 6D is slightly brighter than the 7D. I guess the long one was more for runtime/whacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whacking, they were good for...I know that there are probably people that could deflect a 7Dmag without breaking something, but I do not think there are many...And hardly ANY dogs that could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

P.S. What is a 7D B-Light?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The B-Lite was a flashlight made in the '70s by Bianchi. A knockoff of the Kel-Lite (first heavy police light). So far this one is the only 7-cell flashlight I've manged to find. It's a little longer than a 6D Maglite and the metal's about three times as thick.

paulr

Flashaholic
There have been a few threads in the past about whack-lights (a special type of tac-light, I guess). Cold Steel made one a while back which used 6 AA's and had tremendously thick metal. CPF's own Mr. Bulk more recently made something similar; I've forgotten the official name for it, but it's informally called "A&B" (for "Assault and batteries").

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
You're thinking of the Cold Steel Brute. 7 AA's, 1/4" wall thickness, extremely nasty knurling designed to emulate 60grit sandpaper. Basically designed to do an excellent imitation of a steel pipe. The knurling was designed to "retain dna trace material" so that the assailant could later be identified (unless he was DOS.)

Tweek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
but it's informally called "A&B" (for "Assault and batteries").

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the name was the Photon Baton... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

RussH

Enlightened
I like 7xAA. Or 7xC. But 7xD? Someone was considering making D extensions. Go ahead. Make a 10xD NiMh for 12v aps.......