Very strange Kel-Lite question

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's something I'd never heard of before. I just bought (for the included cylinders) a revolver cylinder pouch for a duty belt. Turns out it's Kel-Lite brand, but made by another company. When did Kel come out with their own line of police leather?

juancho

Enlightened
I think that about 1975 or '76 & '77 they were associated with Bianchi Leathers Goods of EL Paso, Texas.
I bought two Kel-Lites 2 "C" and 3 "C" from Bianchi catalog about that time. Is quite probably that the maker of the sppedloader you have is Bianchi.
Juan C.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to have been made by a company I've never heard of. Tex Shoemaker Co. Here's a photo:

kelpouch.jpg

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
The Kel-Lite "Firepower" were speedloaders; I don't know if they were the first speedloader on the market, but it was the first type I saw. They were made of rubber; you inserted the rounds into the cylinder and twisted the speedloader, "ripping" the device from the rounds allowing the rounds to fall into the charge holes.

Tex Shoemaker Company(later known as "Tex Shoemaker and Sons" and also as "Tex Shoemaker and Son") is a leather company in San Dimas California (about 20 minutes from my house). They are still in business, and make excellent (IMHO) duty equipment.

I don't know for sure, but I believe current production speedloaders would fit in the "Firepower" holder
(in case you're interested). The holder dates back about 30 years.

Mike

Latest posts