LW-3000 VS 7 led Trek

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would assume the output would be the same . But I like the push button more than the twist. And I see the LW selling for less than $40 compared to $60 for the Trek. Anyone done a comparision?

steinie

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 LW 3000's and they have become 2 of my favorite everyday lights. Just the right size with those 3 C cells.

I don't have a light meter, but I compared the LW3000 on my white wall with my Trek 7 and Nightblaster 8X. Light output is almost indistinguishable between them to the naked eye. The 8X seemed a littel brighter, but a lot bluer, probably overdriven on the LED's.

Jake

Newly Enlightened
Hey Steinie,

The LW3000 I got the other day had what I considered a defect. The LED in the middle of the array was tilted to one side. It still lit, but the light went out at an angle. It also seemed to wobble a bit. Just wondering if you had any similar issues.
BTW, I'm not slamming the product, I got two of them and the other one was fine. I think It's a great light.

steinie

Newly Enlightened
Jake:

Nope, I have 2 LW4000's and 2 LW3000's, all of them are fine. Wonder if someone just goofed on assembling yours? I guess you could bang the LED assembly before it was inserted in the light, and it would cause that sort of problem.

Latest posts