You know you live in 2004 when...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You E-mail your friend who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have E-mail addresses.

6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.

7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.

8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.

10. You learn you've been laid off on the 11 o'clock news.

11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.

12. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards.

13. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.

14. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your "friends".

15. You got this E-mail from a friend that never talks to you any more, except to send you jokes from the net.

16. You are too busy to notice there was no No. 9.

17. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a No.9.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
ROTFLMAO

quite true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

thanks for the laugh

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
#6 and #15 are especially true here, and I don't even have a traditional job (#6). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
I always answer the telephone "LED Museum!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14C

Enlightened
Great post!

18. You have to check to make sure your cell phone isn't the one that's ringing.

19. You feel a sense of panic when your Internet connection is down.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
20. You chat with your wife on IM and your both sitting on the same couch.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
21.) When you have more ways of being contacted than you can fit on a business card.

22.) When you need a password manager application to keep track of the loginIDs for all of your email accounts.

23.) When you can receive a fax in your voicemail which is automatically translated to text and then into speech, which then calls your home phone to read it back to you, and your home phone is forwarded to your cellphone, where the message bounces into voicemail, where the spoken message is automatically translated back into text and the cycle starts all over again, creating an endless loop.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

24.) When it's hard to tell what's the best way to fix the problem in 23.)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
22.) When you need a password manager application to keep track of the loginIDs for all of your email accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I keep login IDs and passwords in a Mac Powerbook 140 laptop - too many of them to keep on post-its on the edges of my computer screen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
When I need a login or password I can't remember, I just fire up the old Mac and get them that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

StuU

Enlightened
25. When you realize that misinformation is the principle defining characteristic of our information-rich world.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
#22) I have a Kde app called Kwallet that does that.
#23) Something like that happened a few years back to a couple large internet ISP's and a young level one tech. Seems the tech sent an e-mail off from his ISP's support e-mail to the other ISP's support e-mail which then replied with an auto generated response back to the first ISP's support e-mail which then generated another auto response back which generated another response and so on.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I keep login IDs and passwords in a Mac Powerbook 140 laptop - too many of them to keep on post-its on the edges of my computer screen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
When I need a login or password I can't remember, I just fire up the old Mac and get them that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea.

I used to keep logins and pwds in one of those Casio organizer thingies. Then one day I found that the screen went blank because the batteries had died, so after some cursing I replaced the batteries and started over.

Fast forward a year or so and it happened again. Turns out that while they had an "emergency backup battery scheme" in there using a single, separate cell that supposedly only kicked in when the regular batteries died and should've allowed me to swap the regular batts without dropping the memory contents, it didn't work... completely blank slate again. So I gave up on that @$% organizer and went back to paper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Post-it program for my laptop that "sticks" post-its all over my desk top... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i use the word password for all my passwords . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
One of the best password apps I've seen is Any Password available here.

It's free for non-commercial individual use. It's still a good idea to back it up. Actually, it's essential to back up any important data stored electronically.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
One of the best password apps I've seen is Any Password available here.

It's free for non-commercial individual use. It's still a good idea to back it up. Actually, it's essential to back up any important data stored electronically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just d/l'ed it and it looks nifty. Thanks for the tip!

Saaby

Flashaholic
I love stickies!

Another sign might be that you have more wires around than ever to support your 'wireless lifestyle' (Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.) or that you have so many devices that require recharging you nearly have to schedule out power strip time (iPod and PDA Monday, Wednesday, Friday--Cell Phone and Digital Camera Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)