simple pila 150s body (e-series, mclux, etc)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
this is basically a simple body, made for the e-series or mclux heads. it uses a pila 150s battery and a kroll tailswitch.

nothing too special, but when you have more heads than bodies, it comes in handy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sideshot.jpg

battin.jpg

holding.jpg

topshot.jpg

withpr.jpg

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, looks nice roth
fits perfectly to the PR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

now, it just need knurling, HA3 and a bubble mailer with my address on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wildcat

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Me want one!!!!! Are you gonna make more????

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent idea and execution, Rothy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Clean, slick and effective. I'm interested in one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Britt

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Ouch !!
I just realize in reading this threat, that I have four heads without body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif (without counting me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif)

Very nice Roth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Maybe one in Titn, one Black, one natural HA3 and one color as you like (Pink ?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very good.
How about one for the longer running pila 168s one of these days, and maybe near direct drive with a good lux3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
I would REALLY want one then, with/or/without the knurling.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that looks just like the one I made. Only mine uses a Z57 clickie. Good going. It's a very useful light body. I use mine all of the time.

Need a knurler? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

no, i really don't plan on making any more...

i really hate making more than 1 or 2 of anything, because it gets in the way of making new things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

however, i really do like this simple, yet effective design. if i ever get a job, i'd like to do a small run of these. maybe in several different flavors?

chop, i have a knurler, but thought this looked better without knurling.
i'll probably add some knurling tonight, but at this point, i'd really hate to fuk it up, somehow, i managed to machine this one perfectly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
This looks like it would go nice with a Bare Aluminum PR head.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean like this?
fromtop.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

well, i went out to the shop tonight, and made a test knurl, but the diameter was wrong, and if i had really knurled it, it would have doubletracked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
so i turned the knurl mark off, and it's about as thin as it can get right now. i think it looks better without the knurling (though i'm usually a function first, but the goal of this was simplicity anyway...)
i do think that it's plenty grippy though, given the fact that it's nice and thin. very comfortable to hold i think.

while i was out there, i also moved the angle up, and i think it looks better with the shorter shelf. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

here are 2 more pics, just for fun.
3lights.jpg

of course all 3 lights are using pilas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (150s, 150s, and 168s) (still gotta come up with something for that other 168s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

and i managed to find a spring for my kroll, so it actually works now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
using.jpg

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
roth,

That does look good. You're right about the knurling too. I've found that finishing it with 350 or 400 grit sandpaper provides for a nice brushed finish that still sticks in your hand.

Good going bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks saw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

actually, i don't even sand my lights down.

usually i'm able to make the final cut smooth enough that sandpaper only makes things worse. (i've never been able to get a very consistant finish with sandpaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
if this wasn't designed around a rechargeable battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I'd fall on my knees to get one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
don't you be dissin pilas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

kiessling, i also have a 123 one which is very similar:

123boddown.jpg

prtheaddownshot123bod.jpg

it's at the annodyzers right now. in fact, it's been there for the past several months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Roth,

I like your works. Very nice body and bezel too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I wants one 150's of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Don't speak with Berhnard, he don't like rechargeable.
He have a lot of money for buying some 123A /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Bernhard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!!! Any chance that could be made with a shroud of some sort for the kroll? I really like the rounded collar on the 123 body - integrates very well witht he PR-T head!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Jon

Kiessling

Flashaholic
the second one looks much more reasonable Roth!
this will be a wonderful anodize, thinking of all the time it spends there ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Pascal ... I am on my crusade to destroy all rechargeables, and you will not stand between me and my destiny !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernhard

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:

Pascal ... I am on my crusade to destroy all rechargeables, and you will not stand between me and my destiny !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Why this crusade ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Are you a wholesaler of batteries not rechargeable ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
I like very much all of those rechargeables batteries, and for sure you'll find me on your road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif