Arc 4+ Rev 2 Delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
Ack ! It would have been a new record--21 hours for delivery--but I missed the Fed Ex guy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif 2nd try tomorrow. sigh.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto on nascar
COMMENT and PICTURES!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was delayed. FedEx tracking says delay beyond our control.
We have been having storms with tornadoes around here. I guess that is why.
Should be here tomorrow.(I hope)
oh ya what they ^^^^said.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
You guys that got them have to give up more info than, "Hey I got mine". Where's the pictures? Where's the comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Nitnos

Newly Enlightened
The battery compartment on the Rev2 is about 1mm longer in profile than the Rev1 battery compartment. The light is bright and white. I've seen a Rev1 Premium that I ordered for my brother for his birthday. I was told that his light ran pretty hot at about 32 lumens. My Rev2 is noticeably brighter than his Rev1. I have a Rev1 second, and I prefer the feel of the Rev2 over the Rev1. The Rev2 battery compartment now has a lip the meets flush with the bezel giving it a sleeker feel, but improved grip with the knurling on the bezel. Also, the knurling itself is not quite as coarse adding to the feel of the light. I hope this helps everyone out.

Nitnos

gromit

Newly Enlightened
Received mine today. FedEx tracking said Monday delivery. Along with a AA unit. This unit out performs some 2 battery units, flik ls:1, Inova x5, tx5, and longbow at first try. Will do a little more testing (playing) over the next few days.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's truly unfortunate that weather and what not delays the date of getting it. As for me though, I had a rather decent record of 21 hours or so as well(chiaroscuro). Thats pretty nice! The light is fantastic! It got a great feel to it, but the new button, compared to the ArcLS, will take some getting used to. As some may or may not agree with me, its harder to push down than the LS since it doesnt have momentary. This is my first Arc4 to try so I am not sure what the Rev1 was like. The Rev2 has a great hot spot. The features are all there and accounted for. They are all handy and will all be used in their due time. The clip is handy as well in that it can be attached to a hat just like that. Unfortunatly I have no Digital Camera to take pictures with, only my camera phone and those would be crap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif But hey, what can you expect from a 3.3mm camera. Anyways, in short, the Rev2 Arc4+ Premium is a great light with the knurling at both ends and a great LED. Great Features! If you have yet to recieve yours and/or are not sure on getting on and have any questions, feel free to PM me and ask away. I will answer them to the best of my ability.
Cameron

indenial

Enlightened
I've been posting in other threads. And I don't think the ads care much for double posting! Anyway, I've done some preliminary comparisons. Suffice it to say the ARC4R2 blows away the competition. Actually, it's in a league all it's own for a diminutive, single cell flashlight.

I compared it to an e1e with a KL1 bezel and although the beam is similar, it was clearly brighter and had a wider hotspot and sidespill. Impressive. Against a Longbow 2210s it was also brighter, whiter and has a much more defined sidespill. Actually, the beam is most similar to my Pelican M6 LED two cell, but whiter! Amazing. It is definitely worth the money. A triumph Peter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today. Shipped yesterday. Amazing. Since I hadn't ordered until last week, I wasn't expecting to see it for a good long while. I hope I didn't cut in front of anyone!

Number 1035. It's dark, so I do believe I'll go for a walk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Dave

PS. First post! I've been lurking for about a month. Nice forum you've got here.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I received my A4R2 this evening and I've been playing with it for a couple of hours. I don't have access to a digital camera but this is a sweet light.

The hot spot is quite bright and according to my "eye dyno" it probably produces more than 35 lumens. It took me about a half an hour to figure out the basic stuff (read the flyer next time dummy!) but now I've got that squared away, I'll play some more and consider changing the default settings. So far I like the defaults but I might change to a tad brighter secondary. I can't wait for the new tail guard.

I don't think I'll put on the clip but I will use some high zoot screws to cover the holes.

The A4R2 is worth the price and the wait.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif I certainly have no chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

My ARC4REV2 had to arrive today before 12. 00. But on the Internet site of follow-up of the parcel, it was always positioned in Tenessee's Fedex centre. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
I phoned so to Fedex France to understand what happened. The plane which had to take my parcel fell out of order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I would be so delivered only On Monday if everything is well. The employee of Fedex clarified to me that I could make a complaint and that the price for the transport would be paid off.

Peter, I do not know if it is the sender or the addressee who can demand a refund. In the other cases, UPS not to quote it, it is necessary whether it is the sender who makes a complaint. As soon as I shall have received my parcel, I would let you know. Do you can, in the meantime, to know who has to make complaint for a possible refund? Thank you in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Grrr, I could not play this week end with my ARC4Rev2, or to post here comparative with one arc4+rev1 which I wished to make. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I had a suprise door-knock this afternoon and found that FedEx delivered in record time from Tempe, Arizona /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've never owned or had an opportunity to put the original Arc4+ through a test run, but in comparison to my LSH-P, my new Arc4+ Rev2 is a major upgrade. Looks like I found a replacement for my backup light, which was the LSH-P...

f8ea068c.jpg

f8ea068a.jpg

Sorry, no beamshots tonight... suffice it to say, it's brighter than my LSH-P (high-mode) and makes for a comparable map light in comparison to my Arc AAA. But not only that, the knurling on the head is very clean and useful (grip), and the anodizing looks perfect. The jury's still out on the tailcap button... I'm used to the tactile feel of a click... but I'm getting used to it.

Okay, off to do some more testing...

Thanks for all your efforts Peter - this is definitely a winner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

LukeK

Enlightened
They probably discovered the motherlode packacge of jack daniel's and are all inebriated beyond control. No packages can go anywhere until they find a box of coffee...

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
#7594 is on its way to me right now. I might have gotten it yesterday, but for some reason it was delayed in Memphis for 12 hours.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Sounds like the postal guys and gals got the heads up about the new toys coming through and couldn't resist having a sneak peek! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't wait for a review /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.