Arc4+ Carry Pouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNick

Newly Enlightened
I use to order an ARC4+ in two or three weeks and wanna know if someone found a "perfect" carry pouch for it.

Thanks a lot

.:: TheNick ::.

SeentheLIGHT

Newly Enlightened
I use an old mini-camera neck sling with a quick-disconnect attached to the pocket clip with a small split-ring. I find that the 4+ is too big for my pocket,and at $180, I'd be afraid of it "walking itself" up and off my pocket using the clip. With the neck sling, it fits nicely into a shirt pocket, yet "at hand" when needed.
Hope this alternate idea gives you some options. I read another thread somewhere that a web site called rip-offs or something along that line makes several different sizes and shapes of pouches for cell phones, small lights, and other needs for the film industry. You might try a search along those lines.

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The RipOffs model 37 is great. Very nice but a bit large for some people's taste. It is, however, padded just enough and is sewn very nicely. The belt clip is secure but still offers easy on and easy off. I got mine from Filmtools at this address : http://store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/ricoclhofors.html.

I also agree that I would not carry the light just clipped to my pocket. I tried this and fortunately, when it worked it's way loose and fell out, it fell on the carpeted floor in my office so no harm was done. It sure would have been a different story if if it had fallen out and I didn't know it. That's when I started using a carryin pouch.

m1match

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Arc 4+ clipped in the rear pocket of my 5.11 Tactical pants. The rear pocket opening is slanted so you can clip it to the lower corner next to the outseam and I have not had problems with it working itself loose. Because its by the outseam, it doesn't get in the way when you sit down.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the ARC pouch. My ARC4+ has the tailcap mod from cy and it fits perfectly. Without the mod it fits, but not as goood.

indenial

Enlightened
It's kinda funny that the RIPOFFS holster says it's for a SureFire e1e. Anyway, it took a devil of a time to find it. This is a better link. Here's another useful link.

Radagast

Enlightened
I have Ripoffs Co-37 pouch which I use at work and I have no complaints at all.

When I'm off work I clip it to my my front right pocket. It has never fallen out.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I use the RipOffs CO-37 and I like it a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a terrific beltpouch for my ARC4+ today at the hardware store: the ballistic nylon holster for the Superknife Utility Knife. Covers nearly the whole length of the light, and has a very handsome and strong blued spring steel belt clip for removal of the whole package without taking off your belt. The whole thing was about $8.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha! I found a decent pouch today. It was the pouch for a knife that came free with a Gillette Mach 3 Razor! Found it in a drawer that was never even looked at. Its a decent price for sure. Kinda long but the entire light can fit in it.
Cameron

Airmon

Newly Enlightened
We've got a weekly flea market here on Big Pine Key where there's a knife dealer that has a big plastic tub of assorted pouches. I found the one I used for my Infinity Ultra there, and it works fine for my Arc 4+ too.
Not the best construction, but it's survived a year on my belt with only a little seam repair. They don't have a metal clip, they've got a cloth loop on the back. It's a little tight at first for the ARC, but after a little useage it fits fine. Has a cover to protect the lens.

I suspect that if I went back and dug through the basket I could find a couple dozen more, if folks were interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.