my radio staion

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
R,
You caused me a monents concern.

When people say 'radio station' i think in terms of transmitters and antennas. Tells you how un hip I am on some things.

What I can get away with here in Iraq is very different than what is allowed CONUS (CONtental US). The FCC has been sticking it to unlicened broadcasters back home. Before I left they nailed some guy in Herndon. He was playing spanish gospel music, off frequency at moderate power. I spent a couple of hours on two sundays looking for the dude. Isolated the signal to an apartment block. Three weeks later the FCC got there and took him down.

This Army internet conneciton is very narrow. Usually 20kbs or less. So any streaming audio product is not an option.

Can't wait to go back to the land of broadband conneciton, where the air isen't laced with blowing sand. And I don' have to smell Camels when they go by.

That's the news of the moment.

Jack Crow in Iraq

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o id love to transmit on fm or am im like music so much imm haveing trobles with doing it on the web well a coaaurse bandwith is a issue a 128 mp3 just one person it will take way faster then a 56 modem then if ya have a few people listening it is hard then my router lol it dont like people in my pc thats my pcs ip addresss.im still confused im trying diff servers

raggie33

*the raggedier*
should be way better now i did a better server but i still think ya need winamp be warned i have odd taste in music

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't work for me Raggie. I opened winamp and then clicked "add" then chose "add location" and specified your web url but it wouldn't fly.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i shut it down til i find better music i guess it has to be free and loyalty free music