whats ya internet speeds

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol yeah im braging i shouldt some people are faster then me but here is mine
apple.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i used to be on dial up but i was always on the net and tied up my phone my speeds i pay for is 3 megs per second it aint to expensive realy.but if ya dont download a lot ya dont need it i download like 3 gigs a day mostly linux distros

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.3mbps on 802.11b wireless LAN internet, with Cable from Cox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 megabits per second

Communications 3 megabits per second
Storage 370.9 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.8 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

stockwiz

Enlightened
For the next week I'll still have my road runner speeds of 3 megabits down, 400 k up. Taking advantage of it by filling up the last of my 80 GB hard drive. Once I move I'll be stuck with speeds about one tenth as fast, but that's alright because I already have download everything in the world I could nead after years of using this service.

I'd post a picture, but I'm downloading something right now which would obviously effect the results.... usually my max is about 350 kilobytes a second, or a megabyte in 3 seconds. Never did like using megabits to describe internet connections.

I'd imagine in the future you'll simply have high speed services that run using satellites or towers similar to cellular phones, for people in more rural areas at least. I don't know what kind of service they'll have out in where I'm going.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
about 28kps I can't get a DSL in the my part of the third largest city in the country. Fat cat politicians who line their pockets with graft have deceided I don't need it. King Richard Daley agrees, no DSL for you!

Brock

Flashaholic
512 down 256 up at home. I have something along the lines of 10meg a second here, no joking. I can get 100 meg files off the net in 10 seconds, that is if they have a fast connection also. It seriously takes longer to save the file to disk once it's here then to get it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wolfen hopefully that will change
brock thats awesume speed i cant wait to we get speeds that was in the link i posted 6 gigs per second is insane.lol fill up the hard drive in 10 seconds but a course no hard drive is that fast

LukeK

Enlightened
Well here at home my internet speeds are normally 1-2 Mbit/sec. It's quite slow compared to about a year ago when I got 2-3 mbit/sec during the day and 5+ at night. Up at school, a while back I ran a test in the later portion of the day when hardly anyone was around. The test resulted in 12 mbit/sec....crazy fast...

stockwiz

Enlightened
Speeds for home users are even faster in Europe or so I've heard.. I do know the bandwidth caps are artificial and they could give us much more then a 3 megabit if they wanted at least on cable... not that I'm complaining.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Communications: 1.1 Megabits per second
Storage: 134.4 kbps
1MB file download: 7.6 seconds
Subjective rating: Good

Comcast bumped us to 3 or 3.5 recently, but it's still a bit slow in the afternoons here.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hehe,

I use free.fr in France, the best isp I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ADSL Link Speed :
Downstream: 4576kbps
Upstream:384 kbps
Not so bad for a French ADSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

1MB download < 3s
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
darn thats fast man they need to get on the ball in the states. im not complaing since lots a times the sites i go to are slower then me

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Communications 2.1 megabits per second
Storage 260.8 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 3.9 seconds
Subjective rating Great

Thought it would be a little faster, still faster then a T1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Communications 465.1 kilobits per second
Storage 56.8 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 18 seconds
Subjective rating Not bad