Pat Tillman Former NFL Player KIA

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was so proud of him when he postponed a multi-million dollar football career to become a Ranger. (I'm a "plank holder" of the 1st Ranger Battalion).

Not being a sports fan, I knew nothing of him before he enlisted, but once he joined "the Brotherhood" I kind of tried to keep informed. He was a hell of a guy, one that I'd have been proud to serve with. My prayers and thoughts go out to him, his family and especially his brother, who is also a Ranger.

A loss to the whole nation, not only as a member of the military, not only as a great athelete, but as a great citizen, who knew what was important, Not merely "talking the talk", but "walking the walk".

Thanks for "Leading the Way" Pat.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
His prior actions suggest he wouldn't want to be singled out as a hero or memorialized any more than the least known soldier in the Army. Part of what made him such an amazing guy and so unlike so many of his NFL peers was his actions and lack of words screamed to everyone, "it's not about me".

Pretty amazing guy and it makes me proud knowing we have so many young men and woman just like him.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta respect someone who was willing to do more than talk about respect and service. It's not as if he did it to help his career, or needed a job.