Political Discussion in the CPF

What type of Anodize would you prefer

• Ban it completely.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create a separate forum for full political discussion.

• Leave it the way it is.

• Total voters

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious about how the members feel about political discussion in the CPF.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
it doesn't really matter.. 'cause 9 outta 10 political discussions seem to get out of hand (ruined by one or two ppl)..

@ least that's what i've noticed since i've been here (since last July).

Topper

Flashaholic*
Might be better to have 3 CPF's the Not in-America the Democrats and the Republicans. Oh hold up add the Christians and the I hate Christians. Back up we need a Not in America but like you all anyhow and a I hate Americans no matter where I am. Plus the I know everything you know Squat. It should be open for all. Shoot I forgot the Righthanded folks, as I am lefthanded I tend to forget about those that are less gifted. Im in Arkansas so I dun lost count. We need a bunch or perhaps we should stick to lights/incans/leds/batts/bst kinda stuff. I am trying to make fun here at A disturbing trend that is tainting all of us. As A short fat Irish American Indian that Believes in God and is mostly left handed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif No offense intented to the righthanders out there of course the I Know Everything you know Squat bunch knew that already. Nitro I am sending you a PM.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
If a separate forum was created for political discussions, there could be moderaters to specifically monitor that forum to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
If you want to get into some heavy duty political discussions you made a mistake and came to a flashlight forum.

Thanks for visiting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

We have been down this road and I believe I speak for the rest of the staff when I say forget about a separate political forum.

Light political discussion is fine at this juncture with the exception of no Bush-vs-Kerry threads. Even the light ones generally end up as a train wreck so from a Mods. perspective I could live without them. I enjoy reading them as long as they stay civil but that's usually only the first 10 or so post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
{** most of this post zapped because it is no longer relevant **)

While it may be interesting to see what the membership thinks about the subject of this thread, we are not going to have a political forum on CPF.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leave it the way it is.

I see no problem with the current situation, and it would be cluttering to add a seperate forum. Besides, what would you call it and what would fit into that category? It's fine how it is..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Of COURSE I understand the rules.

It was just a link... to what almost must be a liberal rag (being in Boston)... just pointing out a discrepency about something a "Saint" said.

Remember, I'm not from the "Bush is God" camp.

I just see him as less of an evil than the other guy.

HEY! I already voted. Why don't I see the results now?

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hawkhkg11 used to be very active here in CPF in the political discussions... He had opened a political web forum and invited CPF folks to post:

www.the-hegemony.com

From what I can see--the site is pretty quiet right now.

Be warned, Hawk is quite liberal and so is his site. And he does not edit content (from what I can tell).

-Bill

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote NO.

I was participating in a yahoo group dedicated to minilathes (7x10minilathe) and a political discusion arised... longstoryshort, the group is ruined, I don't know for how long, but NOW is all political rant...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
The only thing that really bothers me about political discussions on CPF is the inevitable few hotheads. There have been some great discusions, and even folks like Hawkhkg served as a stimulating catalyst before he became too compulsive. It would be a shame if we abandoned these often fascinating dialogues; after all, if we could have hundreds of relatively civilized posts in that huge Science & Religion thread I believe that we can handle a political discusion. Some of those discussions got pretty hot, but rarely downright abusive.

That said, I can understand the administrator's caution with the Bush/Kerry topic because of this year's unusually polarized political atmosphere. You can almost hear the electricty crackling.

Brightnorm