Newbie here.... glad to be aboard :)

bald1

Enlightened
I've popped in here on and off over the years as a lurker. Blame old Walt "Doc" Welch for that. I was an original moderator of the General Forum at bladeforums.com back in '98 where Doc shared his passion for things sharp. I remember Walt doing mods on the Photons and pushing Carly bulbs for Maglights. He even shipped enough of his waterproofed modified Photons gratis to my navy corpsman son to outfit all the Marines in his company. Folks there miss him as he is missed by CPF members.

Well having only owned Maglights in the past I've taken the plunge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I still have a couple Mini-Mags, a 2D and 3D. But I now have a Invova X5T-HA and X1 (along with 5 of the tiny LED strobes) inbound from Nick at CountyComm as well as an order placed with Wayne at ElektroLumens for a Blaster-3P and XM2. CR123s ordered from the BatteryStation.

I'm still reading all the threads about what could be done to improve the Mags but frankly I'm overwhelmed. LOL

Anyhow, just wanted to say both hello and thanks for the great body of information to be found on this site!

Best!

--Bob

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bob and welcome to CPF!

Yes, the wealth of knowledge to be found here on CPF can be overwhelming sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

While the X5T and X1 are amazing lights, the XM2 and 3-P sure hold their own place in the flashlight world.

Enjoy!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Watch your wallet too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome to the site.. not a bad start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

the X5T-HA is quite possibly the toughest light ever made and the Blaster 3P is, dare i say, the perfect hefty light!

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF and if your screen name is accurate, we have one more thing in common besides the love of lights.

bald1

Enlightened
kitelights said:

"Welcome to CPF and if your screen name is accurate, we have one more thing in common besides the love of lights."

rear_tag.JPG

LOL

BlindedbytheLite said:
"the X5T-HA is quite possibly the toughest light ever made and the Blaster 3P is, dare i say, the perfect hefty light!"
Illuminating Bikr said:
"While the X5T and X1 are amazing lights, the XM2 and 3-P sure hold their own place in the flashlight world."

Well the choices I made were based on what I've read here, so I'm not surprised by both your reaffirmations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good deal!

Best!
--Bob

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bob,

I'll join in and welcome you to CPF.

I have found Wayne's (ElektroLumens) Blaster series a real work of art.

It has also amazed me how versatile the Mag Lite is. It can be modified into almost anything...

Tom

bald1

Enlightened
Tom,

After looking at the myriad options available for modifying a MiniMag AA (e.g. Opalec, Ministar Terralux, Inretech, MadMax, BadBoy, EverLED, etc.), I've signed up for one of Lambda's IllPill Illuminator SMD "improved" high output drop-in modules. Looks to be a decent choice for my "testing of the waters."

--Bob

bald1

Enlightened
Thought I'd update things. My Inova lights have arrived from Nick at CountyComm and I'm impressed with both. Nick's service is great as always /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't wait for the ELs stuff either as the two models I've ordered are each in another class.

--Bob

PS added a day later. Picked up a X5T at the local AAFES. They found one in the stockroom and cut me a great price.