Just got L4/ first use report. WOW

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
This light is incredible. ironically enough it arrived right before i had a night class-astronomy lab way out in the middle of nowhere. Everyone else had crappy plastic flashlights/my teacher actually had an Inova X5 although he didnt know it lol. I lit up the place and people were amazed. It was by FAR the brightest flashlight there. I coulndt even turn in on the whole time because it was SOOO bright it just killed eye vision even if it was pointed completely away from people. I am astounded by the color clarify compared to incan. this is my first led light other then a photon.
this light is sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
this may sound like complete bs to you guys, but its 100 percent true. on the way home im driving and a car full of cute girls from my school drives up next to me really close and starts flirting, yelling, blowing kisses etc at me. They weren't toothless either. they were pretty damn hot and there was 4 of them. it was pretty funny i smiled at them and then LIT THEM UP with the L4 lol they were like AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHh they all turned away and screamed while ducking down (99% chance they were all smashed) before we merged apart and went our seperate ways. i laughed my *** off the whole rest of the way home. Man i love this light. lol hows that for surefires "true stories" yeah i was on my way home and blinded 4 college girls gone wild. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
noone will think you're BS-ing! the L4's abilities are revered here (as long as you get a nice luxeon).. i'm actually really jealous, 'cause the L4 is out of my price range.

P.S.
work on your woman skills! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif kidding!

P.P.S.
seriously tho, please don't blind drunken college girls in vehicles.. i fear for my safety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

sidespill

Enlightened
Technical foul- read the last line " on the way home im driving and a car full of cute girls from my school drives up next to me really close and starts flirting, yelling, blowing kisses etc at me. They weren't toothless either. they were pretty damn hot and there was 4 of them. it was pretty funny i smiled at them and then LIT THEM UP with the L4 lol they were like AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHh they all turned away and screamed while ducking down (99% chance they were all smashed) before we merged apart and went our seperate ways." SEPERATE WAYS !? I'd trade an L4 for 4 cute college girls.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Hi,
Sorry, but I have to post a response. not really a BRIGHT use of the much vaunted sf L4.(no pun) On a bit of a serious note. I can imagine some politically inclined public safety official, or state rep. somewhere ,on a soapbox claiming a new public threat. an easy, access weapon to the public, pranksters,& hooligans... 6pm news crowing the same, demanding some sort of restrictions "on high-out tactical lights." I can almost envision, somewhere, reps. assembling a bill entitled : dazzler class weapons-L.E.O. use only. public restricted lumen output. must be state approved. sound a little, far feachted. Here in MASSACHUSETTS, a couple of yrs back., there was a flood of cheap laser pointers. some with really tight beams. available at most gas stations and retail stores. all of a sudden, bang 6pm newsflash. teens,and young people shining lasers out of cars on major highways, and on mass. state troopers...6pm news interview with ma. state troopers indicating that if anyone shines a laser, or high-out lighting device at an officer, may be construed as a weapons based threat, and deadly force would be employed. there was talk on the news regarding restrictions. most laser points disappeared from retail for awhile. you can find them back at retail, but most have a poor beam quailty.
something like this would be bad for the hobby...

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my SF L4 almost as much as my LSH-P. I would like to see Surefire come out with a switch that would allow you to have different light levels that's affordable. I'm seriously considering a mod to achieve this.

Man, I wish I knew a flashlight had that kind of effect with girls when I was in college, I would have saved a boatload of money on drinks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nirad

Enlightened
Yeah...chicks sure dig lights, kinda like an aphrodisiac. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

indenial

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...chicks sure dig lights, kinda like an aphrodisiac.

[/ QUOTE ] It's the size and shape that appeals to them I think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyway, on a serious note, I kinda have to agree with groutboy. Politicians often overreact to sensationalized, anomalous occurences, such as a fatal car crash caused by the shining of a high intensity light into a driver's face. Not a good practice. And I can foresee negative consequences to our collective passion as ridiculous as that may sound. (Off my soapbox now.)

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess state laws are different but I bet if you caused a accident by shining a light in someone's face then there would already be existing laws on the books to hold you accountable. Maybe someone can speak to this better but I don't see any reason for new laws.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
I guess state laws are different but I bet if you caused a accident by shining a light in someone's face then there would already be existing laws on the books to hold you accountable. Maybe someone can speak to this better but I don't see any reason for new laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our lawmakers tend to react in a knee-jerk fashion to any incident. That's why it's illegal to kill someone, even more illegal to do it with a gun, more if you are committing a robbery, etc.

Every time a story hits the airwaves the polititions make up more laws to make that crime even more punishable, even if it's already a felony. They never check to see if there's already a law that covers it.

A local town (San Ramon, Ca) has an ordinance against using a laser pointer in public. The "causing a public nusince", "Impeding traffic" and "assult" charges were not enough for them. I'd hate to see "tactical lights" outlawed too.

We have the best polititions money can buy, I just wich there was a better selection to choose from.

Daniel

indenial

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. The problem is, Lebkuecher, that you're thinking rationally and politicans rarely do. They're obviously motivated by other things. A sad state of affairs in this country. (Permanently off my soapbox!)

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
lol you guys sound like my mom. just kidding. yeah i didnt blind the driver. although their deffinately could be a risk in it. it was funny. i am just amazed by this light. i love it. is there really a difference in luxeons? I wouldnt really call it a dark spot, but i can see a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiightly dimmer portion in the middle of the beam. it really doesnt matter though its only at certain distances adn on a white wall that youd notice. outside its amazing

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the same dark spot; you would never notice it unless you looked for it. I can only see it if I'm shining it on a white wall and at a certain distance.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very slightly dimmer in the middle of the beam is normal. I never noticed it in mine until people started talking about it, then it was like "oh yea now I see it"

GregR

[ QUOTE ]
glock_nor_cal said:
lol you guys sound like my mom. just kidding. yeah i didnt blind the driver. although their deffinately could be a risk in it. it was funny. i am just amazed by this light. i love it. is there really a difference in luxeons? I wouldnt really call it a dark spot, but i can see a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiightly dimmer portion in the middle of the beam. it really doesnt matter though its only at certain distances adn on a white wall that youd notice. outside its amazing

[/ QUOTE ]

Aten_Imago

Banned
NLW's ( Non Lethal Weapons ) are the biggest thing these days- taser's gone platinum with thier X-26. I think flashlights and FLASH will figure big in the future. Don't you see the tigerlight evolving and including a taser-like fire-able projectile? I already sometime use my flashlight to subdue my girlfriend when she gets unruly - it's safer than a club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

indenial

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Aten_Imago said:
I already sometime use my flashlight to subdue my girlfriend when she gets unruly - it's safer than a club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Interesting technique. Perhaps I should try that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
i left it on today to see how long it would last and how the reducing in power would go. man this thing got ridiculously hot before the batteries died. i turned it off when it got to the point that i couldnt pick it up