Thermal De-Polymerization (TDP)...Update!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a year ago, I first read about Thermal De-Polymerization (TDP) in May, 2003 Discover magazine in the article "Anything into Oil". It described a new evolution of a technology to convert any organic waste into water, minerals, gases and fuel. The first commercial plant was being built in Carthage, Missouri for Conagra (a Butterball Turkey waste processing plant).

This month on April 15, 2004, the vice-president of the company that holds the patent on the technology and built the plant, gave a presentation in Des Moines, Iowa.

Here is a link to an article in National Geographic (November, 2003) about the technology:
Turkey Fuel? Factory to Turn Guts Into Crude Oil

The 18 minute presentation was recorded and is available in streaming video with PowerPoint slides at this address:
Capitalizing on Rural America

You need to register on the site to view the presentation (no cost). Just follow the instructions for New Users. The complete presentation is 4 hours and 56 minutes (4:56). After you register, to view just the 18 minute TDP portion, just move the slider on the video viewing panel about 2/3's to the right. The presentation starts at about 3 hours and 3 minutes (3:03). You may have to fiddle with the slider to get it to start at about the right place (you won't have really fine control).

This technology has the potential to change things QUITE A LOT; in a very good way.

I hope you find the presentation as interesting as I did!

It is 18 minutes well spent.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
A guy on another forum has pointed out an easier way to get straight to the part of the talk that is about TDP.

Once you have the streaming video screen up and running, right click on the small "TV" screen that is showing the speaker. Then, choose "File Markers...". You will see a pull down list of the presentations. Choose "James H. Freiss" from the "Session Two" area. Then press the OK button; takes you straight to the session we are discussing.