ARC LE vs CMG Infinity vs Photon 2 vs PALight Survival & Survival Plus

Merkava

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I have posted some photos at PhotoPoint comparing different LED lights and you are all invited to view my album. Please click on the link below.

Mr. Gransee, if you are reading this, My ARC LE was left on after the photoshoot and I had a hard time removing the LED unit from the body. When I finally did, I couldn't get it to work no more. Do I send it back to the merchant ho sold me the light or back to your company?

Merkava

web page
smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be better to send it back to us directly. Our address is on the website.

It should be interesting to see what state is in when we get it.
smile.gif

Btw, nice pictures. Was the camera manually set for the same exposure and iris?

Peter

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the Arc LE blows the rest away...was the camera setting the same for all?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nice work Merkava! Was the camera setting the same for all flashlights during the photo shoot?

Good to see CPF members posting photos of different flashlights to compare brightness. Photo may not be perfect but it is easier to comprehend than Lumen or CP numbers provided to us by manufacturers.

Photo might be over or under expose but if camera setting and flashlight setup is the same for all shots photos honestly show which lightbeam is brighter.

Good job! Practice makes perfect. Looking forward to more lightbeam photos on your photopoint site.
smile.gif

Arc-AAA LE is really one bright little flashlight!! About your problem with Arc LE my suspect is (too much) battery retainer glue melted and messed up the positive contact of the head because that's what happened to one of my Arc-AAA LE when I did Rayovac vs Energizer battery runtime match last week.

I just cleaned the positive contact of that excess battery retainer glue residue, even had to peel off the rubber battery retainer to wipe off most of the glue, and its working fine again.

- verge -

Merkava

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

The Camera (Canon G1) was set to manual at 1 sec. at F/2 for all pictures. Pictures are not edited and were taken without flash.

Okay, Mr. Gransee, I'll clean the ARC LE up a bit and send it to you.

Hope to add the rest of my LED lights and eternalLights and perhaps it's clone when I get my hands on them soon. Will update this thread when it's done.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming...

Merkava

OrBy

Newly Enlightened
WOW your arc le looks quite bright there! i own both a arc le and a cmg blue/green as well and i find that they are very similar brightness! this leads me to believe that somthing may be not quite right with my arc le (or my cmg is really kick ***) even when comparing it to thoes pictures, mine's color seems to be more of a yellow around the edge of the beam turning to a bluer color at the center. i could be reading into this a bit much though - how do your pictures compare to what you really see? i am using energizer norml batts - do duracell ultra's make that much difference? and yes i have tried differnet cell's in my arc le.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don`t forget Orby...the blue-greens (turquios) have a higher output than the whites. A blue-green photon is said to be brighter than a white photon. While I don`t have a blue-green, this is what I have read. Has anyone tryed the blue-green Arc?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tryed the blue-green Arc?

Yep, and the rumours are true- it puts out about 2.5-3x the light of the white, but in a wide 35-40 degree flood. Nice colour too, more greeny than bluey, but easy to navigate my way outside or in with.

And I`ve lost the little blighter! No idea where it`s gone. All I have are these two beam profile photos, I think they were taken with the same camera settings....OK looks like the Turquoise Arc`s beam profile is as shy as the torch itsself. But you can see beam shots of white and Turquoise Photons on my page at http://electriclights.tripod.com/flashlights/photon2.htm , the Arcs use the same LEDs.

rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif

Merkava

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

last night, I decided to use my 2nd ARC LE as a night light and left it on till this morning (about 5 hours)and it was still lighted but not as bright as before. Turned it off and left for work with it.

While at work, I was trying to show off to a friend and had trouble turning it on. Finally managed to open the LED illuminator and found that the battery was leaking. I quickly removed the leaking battery and washed off the battery compartment and wiped the liquid from the battery off the LED illuminator.

After drying the battery compartment, I found a dark gray stain at the base which I was unable to remove. Put in a fresh battery and it was working again.

Fortunately, I discovered the problem before the leaking battery fused the LED illuminatot onto the battery compartment like it did to my 1st ARC LE.

Since this is my 2nd ARC LE which exhibited the same problem, What i would like to know is, is the ARC LE or ARC AAA able to withstand prolonged usage or does this problem happen only to the ARC LE.

Unlike the ARC LE, my CMG Infinities can be left on for days till there's no more juice left and they don't produce leaking battery.

Does anybody have the same problem with their ARC LE or ARC AAA?
(I don't have an ARC AAA yet)

I think PhotoPoint has gone bust again for the 2nd time...that is why the pics are not loading.

Merkava

KenBar

Enlightened
No problem with mine. I have use it more heavily than normal since I got it. I had about 30 or so high quality AAA so I was just going to whittle my inventory down a little. I go through about 1-2 a week and I run them dry....

I use exclusively Energizer....not because I like them, but because the way they put the label on the battery is better. I believe they are actually better for low current applications....anyway I had 2 Copper Top batteries have the label come slightly unstuck from the battery. This caused the glue on the label to make a mess, cause the battery to bind, then the head to unnecessarily rotate against the foam washer, stretch it out of shape and make a mess of things.

Gransee offered to replace the washers with a SASE but I just have not gotten around to it... I made my own own. I took a slice of one of those foam ear plugs..mashed the slice flat....took a large hole puncher and made a circular plug...took this plug and used a tiny hole puncher and put a hole in the middle. A drop of superglue attached it and it has worked like a champ.

I wonder if the quality of the battery you are using is an issue?

Good luck!