how many batterys do you go thru?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
in my baby pin alone ive went thru at least 10 lol that light is adictive went thru many in my dorcy spyder to. and a less amount in the ragmag it last very long on a set but ive still went thru a couple set.man my lights get lots of use(or play) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif do ya use ya lights a lot to?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting question,
My most used lights are the BB500 R2H minimag/Fraen LP helmet mounted light andMadmax+ WO equipped 2D Mag with R2H Luxeon driven at around 800-900mA. The helmet light eats 2AA every 3-5 days and the frame mounted 2D eats around 2D every two weeks. Luckily, the sun sets here in TX past 8:00 PM so the battery usage is low.
My Accucharger with 4AA and two 11,000 mAH D cells should be here by the end of the week. I can then go on many midnight rides with no problems.
My other battery eater is my second BB500 R2H Fraen LP light that I EDC at work. Figure one set of AA batteries a week, it is OK though... those batteries are provided by the company.
My other EDC lights eat batteries at the rate of once a month (Micro Illuminator and Arc AAA red LED) My wife's Brinkmann BB400 light eats a set every two weeks or so.
Guess that is why I am rolling with the rechargables, sick of buying a bunch of batteries all the time. Alas, no rechargable 123a batteries.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, not really a lot of batteries, because I use rechargeables if I can. I'd go broke if I used all disposable batteries. I tend to be a little more stingy with my flashlights that are battery hogs, but I still play with them about every day (night)!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
I go through very few batteries....almost none. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

same here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greymage

Enlightened
I don't get to use my lights enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I use NiMh rechargeables for everything except 123 lights, and I don't get enough use on those to cost any money. I haven't changed the 123 in my Firefly since I got it a month or two ago.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I have rechargeables (thanks JSBurly's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif), but I still go through a number of 123 batteries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif And it's not like I need a flashlight for my job/school either. I think I need help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

In the month of April alone, I have 46 dead batteries in a box (waiting to be dropped off at a recycling depot).

My current system is as follows:

1) Start with Incans
Run batteries in my M6 or M4 (w/ N62) for maybe 10-15 minutes or so (estimated). When I carry these lights, I always try to carry my Spares Carrier. Same strategy with all my incans (G2Z on P61, for example), except for the A2.

2) Drop 123s in LEDs
I then drop the batteries in my regulated LEDs (ARC4+, L4, L1-917 McGizmo, etc.) and use it there. If I am carrying two LEDs, for now, one will have the used batteries and the other one will have fresh 123s. If I am carrying one LED, then I usually have a fresh battery in it.

When the light drops out of regulation, I'll drop them in my Inova X5s for a while, and then drop them into the recycling box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Of course, if I use my M6 or M4 too much, then I build up a bigger stash of half-used 123s than I can go through. Thanks to my stash of 123s though, I eat McDonalds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif I try to play with my MagCharger or TigerLight, but they aren't as fun as my M6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif If SureFire sold the Beast publically (and at a good? price), I'd probably need to have a bajillion 123s around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

drchow

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure if you wanted to buy a beast, surefire would sell one to you.

I carry 20 123's on my belt in a blackhawk battery/shotshell pouch.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Unfortunately, I don't think that the Beast is publically available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Also, I have a feeling that it would be $$$$$$.

Wow, 20 123s on you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
not many since i stick to long-running lights..

i've changed the batteries in my Streamlight 3AA luxeon two or three times.. and my Arc AAA i've changed five or six times..

other than those two LED lights and my PT40 i haven't changed the batteries in anything else in MONTHS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Actually very few. I must confess to having lights far more because I think they're neat than for any real need. On top of that I tend to bleed batteries down to nothing before tossing them.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recharge about 6 cells a month. Mostly for my cordless mouse, cordless radio and cordless toothbrush.

I don't use my cordless flashlights much. Maybe a minute a day for my infinity ultra or my Arc AAA.

JanCPF

Enlightened
My L4 gets to work about 5-6 hours a week on Pilas (Pilas rock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif) Haven't used up a single CR123 yet.

At work all the used up batteries is collected for proper disposal, and there is a lot of AAAs useless for anything *OTHER* than my Arc AAA which lights up happily on these otherwise discarded cells. Free photons once again.

Jan