S/f lumamax L4?

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
It's the night and the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
Welcome aboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

You can find with the search function, but I take you one link here, but they are some...
Link

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the L4 and forget about the E2e!!!!!!!!!!!

If you really want you can probably pick up an E2e bezel for your L4 for about $20 or so.

symes

Enlightened
OK, just for balance....

The L4 gives a good bright spread, but if you are trying to see in the distance, the E2e blows it away, even an A2 blows it away with less lumens.

It's all about where you want the light to be.

The L5 (KL5 head) on the other hand has great throw also and still gives a good wide spread.

L4's also seem to be a bit luck of the draw. I've seen bright ones and 'donuty' ones - big variation.

I'd summarise as L4 is perfect indoors and E2e is perfect outdoors...

I also ditto Aaron's comment though...because folks are buying KL4s for their E2es, you can get E2e bezels for close to nothing...

And checkout the new E2D defender - in black hard anno - a really beautifully made light...

Simon

Turt

Enlightened
I just got my L4. I had one before with the slightest green tint. This new one is the whitest LED I have seen of any type period. Makes the E2 beem seem really yellow (although the MN03 has its advatages as stated by others).

juancho

Enlightened
I bought my L-4 two months ago and it is very white, I recently bought a KL-1 with the intention of mod. it as everyone said I was not going to be happy with the color and power, it turned to be a incredible white and powerful light, much better than my KL-3.
So, the question is, is Surefire using better Luxeons now?
driving them harder?
A KL-1 in a E1E body (1- 123 battery) outperforming my KL-3 in a C-2 (2- 123 batteries)???

Juan C.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
I love my L4, took it with me to Germany for emergancies along with my Arc AAA and Inova X5T HA. The L4 is absolutely amazing, you'll love it, My A2 has better throw outdoors, but I'm even more impressed with the HID like brightness of the L4!!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the help guys - the reason i was asking - one going for a good price one ebay.com.au - i just sent the payment today so i should have it in the next 10 days or so - really looking forward to getting it

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to decide between the L4 and the L5, myself...

any suggestions for that, given they're more likely to be used outdoors, in an urban setting?

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:
I'm trying to decide between the L4 and the L5, myself...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Haesslich:

Click Here

[Ed: oops--it takes you to my post--scroll up to read everyone elses comments as well please.]
Cheers,
eric t

14C

Enlightened
Recent purchases: L4, KL1
BOTH are whiter than my older ones but the improvement in the KL1 is really outstanding. No blue, no green...just white!

Latest posts