Surefire upside down legend

juancho

Enlightened
In the Surefire E2E's -E2o's when the clip is up and the head is to the right you can normally read the model designation, ex: E2E Executive or Outdoorsman etc.
I have a E2E CJ and a E2E SG where this legend is upside down, a factory mystake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
In gun collecting a mystake like this is collectible,
it is the same with flashlights?
it is rare in Surefire?
Anybody else with the same?
C'mon guy start checking your lights!!!
Juan C.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Mistake? Where does it say which way up the etching it meant to be? Are there some of each? And do SureFire have a spec that states one way rather than the other?

I think this sort of thing varies so much that only a "typo" in the etching wording is counted as a mistake...

Al

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I hold my E2e-CJ with the clip up and the head to the right, the engraving is the right way up! As it is with most of them except my A2 and M3.

Interestingly, of all my ever-growing SF collection, all of them show the SureFire logo the correct way up when held with the clip up (if there is a clip) and the head pointing to the left, except the L5 which is the other way around! Means nothing I realise, but interesting to us nerds nonetheless....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
On my L4.....with the clip up and head right, the model name and US Patent number are readable. When you rotate the L4 so that the clip is down and head right(rotated 180 degrees), the Surefire logo and serial # is upsidedown.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old E2e (plain bezel) has the model upsidedown (clip up, head right), and no patent number. My later E2e body/KL1 scallop has the model "up" and a patent number. I figure they just changed their minds about how the letters are to be read - the old way, (head left) you rotate the light on its axis to read either side. The new way, you flip the light to point the other way to read the other side. Either way is valid, I suppose.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
One 2 of the KL3's I have, the etching is different. Now which one is "right side up" is anyone's guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike